What's new

Cthulhu Tube: First Look

Well, that's mine fucked now anyway.... :(

In the name of science I took mine out and lifted the contact gently, it's very thin...... like very very thin.

Got it to the horizontal position as described, which only took a very gentle lift.

Put my haster mini back on top, took it off and it was squashed right back down again...

Took it out again, lifted it up gently .... ping, snapped off.

conclusion, lifting it up and down with metal that thin isn't going to work, I should have just left it squashed down and it probably would have been fine.

@cthulhumod If you are going to do it like this, and recommend people keep lifting it up, it needs to be thicker metal or a different design, I'm sorry to report that I don't think this is good enough. :( I can see people breaking so many of these it's going to be a nightmare for you and your customers.

I think you need to start working on a V.1.1 board with something different there asap.
Bollocks. You must be gutted. Especially as you were trying it in the spirit of being helpful. :17:

Bollocks. You must be gutted. Especially as you were trying it in the spirit of being helpful. :17:

Nah, it's fine ... I got it sent to me for nothing so I'd rather fuck it up myself than someone else do the same who's paid for it. That's what I do, that's what I come on the forum for. :D

Hopefully we can help cthulhu sort it out, because other than that I really liked it.

Nah, it's fine ... I got it sent to me for nothing so I'd rather fuck it up myself than someone else do the same who's paid for it. That's what I do, that's what I come on the forum for. :D

Hopefully we can help cthulhu sort it out, because other than that I really liked it.
Good point ........ but Cthulhu really need to do this stuff BEFORE the item goes on the market. This is beginning to feel like Squid Ind. It's a shame - I want to like their stuff too, but won't buy when it comes out as you can almost guarantee there will be issues. :(

Your grace and effort are appreciated. :10:

Yes. Some long 510 positive pin atomizers might bent Cthulhu tube contacting shrapnel out. That is why we post a guide on our site: https://www.cthulhumod.com/cthulhu-tube-dont-fire-with-new-atomizer/

Our team received 50+ emails to check if the chip is safe to use last night. :17:

Those style chip had been used since 2014.
our design team add some new protect functions
: atomizer short protect and reverse battery protection.
we also suggest users make their coil resistance > 0.5ohm when using 18350 batteries in the user manual.
The mod tubes come with insulators too.

the worst that could happen is the mod not firing. it won't be dangerous.

I think Todd don't make it clear on his video.

about atomizers might bent Cthulhu tube contacting shrapnel out. we got some suggestions from a user. we will add a silicone to contacting shrapnel.

Thanks. :2thumbsup:

Last edited:
@Crewella

Fixed it. :)

I don't think it's going to snap off again. :D

IMG_20190222_045322.jpg

Back in action ..... @eyeball kid I had to build around 1.6 ohms for my usual MTL experience. I put my hastur on with a 0.75 coil and it was just dry hits and pretty damn pokey to say the least (about 23w according to SE) I think I might just leave the 1928 on it from now on, it needs a home...

IMG_20190222_055127.jpg

Yes. Some long 510 positive pin atomizers might bent Cthulhu tube contacting shrapnel out. That is why we post a guide on our site: https://www.cthulhumod.com/cthulhu-tube-dont-fire-with-new-atomizer/

Our team received 50+ emails to check if the chip is safe to use last night. :17:

Those style chip had been used since 2014.
our design team add some new protect functions
: atomizer short protect and reverse battery protection.
we also suggest users make their coil resistance > 0.5ohm when using 18350 batteries in the user manual.
The mod tubes come with insulators too.

the worst that could happen is the mod not firing. it won't be dangerous.

I think Todd don't make it clear on his video.

about atomizers might bent Cthulhu tube contacting shrapnel out. we got some suggestions from a user. we will add a silicone to contacting shrapnel.

Thanks. :2thumbsup:

If we pre-order the mod, will it come with the fixes already made or will the fixes be implemented in future revisions?

Back
Top Bottom