What's new

Cthulhu Tube: First Look

Hi @todd

Just watched your video, I agree with what you are saying, I don't really think it's really a safety issue either, as you can see from my pics (first post of this thread) mine must have squashed down the first time I put an atty on it, I didn't even notice and didn't realise it wasn't like this from the factory. It is a very crude 'self adjusting' mechanism I agree. Mine seems to be working fine for now anyway though. :)

Cthulhu have told me that replacement boards will be available at a low cost, the short/below 0.1/reverse batt protection, works by blowing a component on the board (like a fuse) from what I can gather (from my short conversation with them) so it protects like a circuit breaker/fuse if this happens you have to replace the board because it will be knackered. I only have 1 though (and no replacement board) so I don't really want to test that.

The pcb/layout of the Cthulhu looks very similar to the sxk atto clone. On a thread for the sxk on the FT forum, there were several users saying that they were using very small self adhesive silicone pads under the 510 leaf to avoid breakages. The Cthulhu looks like a lovely, little mod & I will get one, but I think that the video from @todd was a very needed, cautionary upload for what is a very delicate component in a mass market product.

Just buy a decent mech and be done with it rather than this fakey flakey one.

Just buy a decent mech and be done with it rather than this fakey flakey one.
I’ve only used regulated mods, so I was keen to try this mod as a way to build confidence before going to a full mech. Have been experimenting with an aspire feedlink mod, to get some practice of what coils I need to build to get the vape I like. It’s been an interesting change from just dialling in the wattage to adjust.

Sorry @4Dee , my bad, I was just being a tad flippant. If you're serious about mech advice, I'd post a thread in the mech section and I'm sure you'll get good advice before taking the plunge.

Sorry @4Dee , my bad, I was just being a tad flippant. If you're serious about mech advice, I'd post a thread in the mech section and I'm sure you'll get good advice before taking the plunge.
No worries & thank you for the advice. Still not sure if mechs are for me, but this mod felt like good stepping stone to try with my rta’s to get a feel for it. Not sure if I need another rabbit hole to disappear down!

Back
Top Bottom