What's new

Let the battle commence

Continued.

Calix: Airflow needs to be set how you want it before you leave home if using a V1 or V2, V3 onwards fixes this but I prefer the airflow on the V2.
Drip tip needs to fit tight for juice control so some just won’t work.
Overall, I still really like the vape and flavour I get from it.

Reaper V3: Of all RTAs I’ve used, I really think it is the best built, in terms of quality of components, materials and how it all fits together. It is also the easiest to build and wick I’ve come across. The MTL deck using the 2.7 air ring gives me my perfect vape and having both provides a lot of options.
It has a lot of extras and options including the plug to take a pre filled tank with you for easy changeover and also a larger tank and chimney option.
Re-filling as it’s bottom fill isn’t easy unless you’re sober! There is a simple juice control that can be set each time you open the build deck and once it is, there’s no faffing, it just works. The vape I get from it, @Rob described as ‘chewy’ is the best I’ve had with amazing flavour.

Overall, I still like the Calix V2s I have, less so the V3, they should still not be under rated in today’s market but there’s something about the ease of use and vape I get that means I prefer the Reaper, probably connected to the fact that when I get the build right first time in a Calix I love it but when I don’t, can be a bastard to resolve!

I’ve bought 2 MTL Reaper V3s and am pretty sure I’ll have another, after all apart from some Kayfuns (the KF3 mini of which, I still think runs both of these close), I’ve not changed much in a number of years, despite chasing ‘the next best thing’ many times!

Any comments or questions just let me know and it’s valentines night so I’m getting frowned at!

I’d have another once I have cleared some debts:)
However.... Heads Up one will be being listed very shortly :) I know this for a fact Folks:)

Continued.

Calix: Airflow needs to be set how you want it before you leave home if using a V1 or V2, V3 onwards fixes this but I prefer the airflow on the V2.
Drip tip needs to fit tight for juice control so some just won’t work.
Overall, I still really like the vape and flavour I get from it.

Reaper V3: Of all RTAs I’ve used, I really think it is the best built, in terms of quality of components, materials and how it all fits together. It is also the easiest to build and wick I’ve come across. The MTL deck using the 2.7 air ring gives me my perfect vape and having both provides a lot of options.
It has a lot of extras and options including the plug to take a pre filled tank with you for easy changeover and also a larger tank and chimney option.
Re-filling as it’s bottom fill isn’t easy unless you’re sober! There is a simple juice control that can be set each time you open the build deck and once it is, there’s no faffing, it just works. The vape I get from it, @Rob described as ‘chewy’ is the best I’ve had with amazing flavour.

Overall, I still like the Calix V2s I have, less so the V3, they should still not be under rated in today’s market but there’s something about the ease of use and vape I get that means I prefer the Reaper, probably connected to the fact that when I get the build right first time in a Calix I love it but when I don’t, can be a bastard to resolve!

I’ve bought 2 MTL Reaper V3s and am pretty sure I’ll have another, after all apart from some Kayfuns (the KF3 mini of which, I still think runs both of these close), I’ve not changed much in a number of years, despite chasing ‘the next best thing’ many times!

Any comments or questions just let me know and it’s valentines night so I’m getting frowned at!

Can I ask where you got the plug?

Now I've got the airflow sorted with a mesh insert, this tank has transformed for me. Flavour is up there with any of my favourite tanks and eclipsing all of my Calix's. Also I find it easier to live with and coiling and wicking is fine on this. Not getting any burnt hits or flooding/ leaking. It's a classic in my eyes. Am using MTL deck and airflow ring btw.

Back
Top Bottom