What's new

Let the battle commence

I haven’t found any of those problems, using a 3 mm coil and KF5 drip tip, it could be because my MTL style vape is definitely on the loose side.

So far, to echo what I’ve said previously, found it be be really easy to build and provides amazing flavour.

Just goes to show why there are so many atties out there!

I agree with ease of build. In fact I think as far as wicking goes its the least fussy of anything ive tried aside from RDAs. I have a 2.5id coil and am so used to thinning the ends out and wicking fairly loosely that this was a bit of a change for me. Im vaping a 60/40 juice and last night, until I closed off the flow by half it was flooding a lot. Seems much more stable now. Id defy anyone to get a dry hit with this thing. Ive huffed and ive puffed and I.....oh no wait...im not a little pig........im yet to get a weak hit.

The flavour is very good for me. Its getting better. Im not sure if its worth 4xTrue better on flavour..yet. It is a lovely made thing though and its very strokey. Its a quality build for sure

2.5ID NiFe30 here, using a spare Siren 2 drip tip. I just put the usual amount of muji through it for TC, coil height was just under the post.

I’d recommend a 3 mm coil and no thinning of the wick, I’d go with even more than 4x better than the True but I didn’t get on with mine at all!

@spikey1 Have we derailed the thread for you?!? I'm conscious of the fact this was supposed to be a Calix/Reaper comparison. OOOps, sorry :S

Any one who seriously compares this to a True has basically no need for one of these beauties :doh:

We were talking about comparisons between the Reaper V3 and The Calixes ;) hearing about the leaking or flooding tells me all I need to know ;)
Now spend time getting your wicking right, spend some time on the EVL Group to get ideas of different wicking etc..... Then tell us more about your experiences

I must have got lucky, wicked first-time and vapes beautifully, no leaks or dry hits at all.

Any one who seriously compares this to a True has basically no need for one of these beauties :doh:

We were talking about comparisons between the Reaper V3 and The Calixes ;) hearing about the leaking or flooding tells me all I need to know ;)
Now spend time getting your wicking right, spend some time on the EVL Group to get ideas of different wicking etc..... Then tell us more about your experiences

:(

Im just trying to learn Rob...I haven't had the experience of other high end tanks so am comparing to what I know and what has been, by far, the best rta I have tried. The wicking error was a learning curve that was immediately rectified. Im sorry if I shouldn't have posted on here due to my lack of knowledge. How else am I supposed to learn? I don't do social media and there is very little on youtube (of which ive watched everything).

Very ‘true’ @Rob now back to the original reason for my thread, I’ll keep it simple:

Calix: Easier to fill if you’re either out in the dark or lazy. Still great flavour. Getting the juice control right I find easy with TC as you just overturn until it doesn’t quite hit your set temp, then turn back until it does (this is using a good reliable board and a stable build, but I now know how many turns for most juices anyway).
Much more tricky to build with those short screws on the side and the chamber that means a 3 mm coil and not too long is the max. Steel and cage tank on the full size avoids breaking poly tanks with some juices, I’ve had this. More to follow in next post, can’t see what I’m typing on this iPad anymore!

Last edited:
Agreed 100% but you really do need to learn your wicking craft. We ALL learned by making horrendous errors believe me :)

Back
Top Bottom