What's new

How much does a battery matter?

Anthony Nader

Postman
So I am using my Geekvape Aegis 100watt mod which is powered by a single 26650 battery.
It drains fairly quick so I purchased a second battery for back up when I am out of the house.

The first battery I got with the mod was a GOLISI 26650 3.7 volt 4200MAH. It works great and on a full charge gives me a nice strong hit with great vapor production. You can really feel the power this battery is giving the mod on a full charge.

However, now the back up battery i got is an IMREN 26650 3.7v 4300mah...and i just have to say, oh man on a full charge this thing was hitting WEAK compared to the GOLISI. I didnt know much about batteries until now i started reading.

But can the brand of battery really affect the vaping experience that much? On a full charge it hits very week compared to the GOLISI. Is IMREN just a really bad brand of battery? I did not think a battery could affect it to the point that it hits really weak on a FULL charge.

But if anyone can give me some advice or opinions on this, that would help. Thanks

Fogstar is the best place to buy your batteries from.Discounted on Fridays.
Some batteries are called rewraps,because they're rewrapped by a third party and these parties might be slightly exaggerating the spec of the battery.
DO NOT EVER SCRIMP ON COST WHEN BUYING YOUR BATTERIES.

Look at Mooch's ratings before choosing a battery.

85dd070c28cdec85abfc3b419d7ea71b.jpeg

The 26650 (particularly the high mah one's) are renowned for battery sag.
They're a fine choice for the mtl vaper but not so hot for higher wattages.

as the table above explains. Imren Purple is a 22 amp cell which would be ok, imren orange is a battery that isn't trusted and should not be used for vaping. I wouldn't trust either imren battery myself.
Buy an exo 26650 from fogstar

+1 for fogstar as they actually do care about what they sell to the public

Fogstar is the best place to buy your batteries from.Discounted on Fridays.
Some batteries are called rewraps,because they're rewrapped by a third party and these parties might be slightly exaggerating the spec of the battery.
DO NOT EVER SCRIMP ON COST WHEN BUYING YOUR BATTERIES.
Yeah well I bought it off a trusted site I get all my vape stuff one. Eliquid.com But I guess you are right, perhaps it is rewraped or something like that because it is not giving much power like my first battery does.
I will look into that now when purchasing batteries. thanks

as the table above explains. Imren Purple is a 22 amp cell which would be ok, imren orange is a battery that isn't trusted and should not be used for vaping. I wouldn't trust either imren battery myself.
Buy an exo 26650 from fogstar
mine is a purple cell, but I will never buy IMREN again. I like Samsung or Golisi

Yeah well I bought it off a trusted site I get all my vape stuff one. Eliquid.com But I guess you are right, perhaps it is rewraped or something like that because it is not giving much power like my first battery does.
I will look into that now when purchasing batteries. thanks
But that's not a trusted site, eliquid.com don't have the ability to batch test the battery's they are buying from China so they are open to be sold fakes, ordering from somewhere like fogstar or 18650uk your not just buying from someone the forum trusts your buying from someone who tests there battery's to make sure they are what they say they are before they sell them to you which is what counts at the end of the day [emoji4]

mine is a purple cell, but I will never buy IMREN again. I like Samsung or Golisi

Another option is the efest 26650 but they are another rewrapped battery. just stick to buying from Fogstar or 18650uk and you will get good batteries that work as they should with truthful amp ratings and you know both vendors batch test. I and many others wouldn't trust other suppliers, don't end up blowing a hole in your face ny buying crap, we are trying to look out for you and offer steller advice

Back
Top Bottom