What's new

Problems with new Uwell Crown 3 coils

i fucked up my raf tank trying to get the spitback out from the chimney. i guess my arthritis in wrists doesnt help as its still stuck solid except for right at the top but theres now what looks like shards of metal chipped off so wont be using it again.

Uwell make something ridiculous like 80% of all stock coils on the market including those sold under different brand names. I doubt they're making coils with metal sticking out and that don't work without leaking. They sound dodgy to me.

mine have all had the yellow o ring for ages now. i did buy shitloads from china last year and they had a different base but they still work as good.
i also see they have changed the crown 1 0.25 coils.
these are the 2 versions ive got. both 0.2

View attachment 184902

Thanks for clarifying that @MrDJ, at least i know the new ones are okay then.

The coil on the right, looks very similar to the Rafale coils, which i couldn't get on with..far too airy. I haven't used the tank since i tried it out after i got it, 10 months or so ago....it's that damned spitback protector in the chimney..it's ruins the flavour. Tried to wrestle it out with a pair of pliers, to effectively turn it into a standard Crown 2, but it won't play ball!

Last edited:
Darn Uwell inconsistencies... I use Rafale tanks. The coils that came with it are awesome. I used the .2Ω that comes with the tank at 90W for about a month strait. I could take nice long pulls and had no problems. The flavor was really great once I knocked out the twisted metal thing in the chimmney.

I got some replacement coil tubes and they're different. Differences in oring colors, wick hole size, and botton pieces. The first two out of the tube struggle to do 70W. If I take to long of a pull it's burnt taste right in my mouth and throat. This sux. Alteast I didn't pay a lot. But I loved the way the first coils (that came in the tin can) vaped. I hope I can find some more that vape in a similar fashion.

Think maybe I'm getting hot spots anywhere in these new ones? Solder points maybe? I dont know. I really loved this tank out of the box...or tin can I mean.

As i've said to @MrDJ, i couldn't get on with the Rafale coils at all, but will admit i only tried the 0.5..not the 0.2s on the tank. The 0.5s are rubbish.

But that aside...how did you get the damn spitback out?
I've tried with a pair of pliers, it just won't budge..pain in the proverbial!

PS a .2 @ 90 watts! I use the 0.25s S/S in my SE1 at 60 watts..plenty high enough for me...it's starts to taste burnt if i go over 70-80 watts.

Btw..are all the coils interchangable on the various Crown 2 tanks? If i can get that blasted spitback thing out of the Rafale, i would like to use the SE1s 0.25s in it, if they'll fit properly.

Last edited:
I know the feeling. Back in the day lots of people removed the spitback and made it look easy but mine won't budge either.

Crown 1, 3, 4 have their own coils.
Crown 2, SE1, rafale are interchangeable.

Which base do your coils have. The ones on left in above picture were the last I bought from China with the solid round base.

Strangely enough I've always used these coils for fruits and highly sweetened juice and they are decent but not the best. In the last 3 weeks I've given my crown 1's a rest from their custards and started using the RAF 0.2 coils and theve lasted the whole 3 weeks while when I was using fruits in them 10-14 days was the max.

I know the feeling. Back in the day lots of people removed the spitback and made it look easy but mine won't budge either.

Crown 1, 3, 4 have their own coils.
Crown 2, SE1, rafale are interchangeable.

Which base do your coils have. The ones on left in above picture were the last I bought from China with the solid round base.

Strangely enough I've always used these coils for fruits and highly sweetened juice and they are decent but not the best. In the last 3 weeks I've given my crown 1's a rest from their custards and started using the RAF 0.2 coils and theve lasted the whole 3 weeks while when I was using fruits in them 10-14 days was the max.

In the Se1, they're pointed with round air holes in them (yours are flat bottomed, not like mine). The Rafales look similar to the right coil in your photo..i think..but i haven't looked at them in some time mind...but they're definately different to the Se1s. The tank uses the same brand of juices from V&G, all dessert flavours so sweet in taste. As for longevity..the 0.25s are bloomin fantastic.....i get 3 to 5 months out of them easily...and no drop off in flavour or performance @ 60 watts.

Last edited:
The pointed coils are crown 2 coils which have always had the cone shape on them.

WTF. 3-5 months, wow

The pointed coils are crown 2 coils which have always had the cone shape on them.

WTF. 3-5 months, wow

Yeah i know..they're the best coils i've ever had....bar one duff coil..i'm only on my 3rd coil since i started using the tank nearly a year ago! So i dunno what you other Crown 2 vapers are doing with yours....but mine just keep going on...and on... and on...! I do clean out the gunk every now and then, as best i can..which helps keep the flavour coming through.

Right had a look at the two coils i have. I've an unopened pack of 0.5 Raf coils, these are almost identicle to the ones on the right of your photo, bar a white, not yellow band near the base. Same goes for the SE1 coils, they haven't got the yellow insulator band on them, it's white.

I'm not gunna use the 0.5s Raf coils, so they're up for grabs if anybody wants 'em..i'm using the 0.25 S/S ones currently.

Just remembered: bar the lacklustre performance of the 0.5s Raf coils, i recall the main reason i didn't like them, is that i had a leakage problem in the SE1 tank whilst using the 0.5 Raf coils. Juice kept leaking out through the bottom of the coils and out of the air holes, which doesn't happen with the SE1 coils, so stopped using those Raf coils. Are the bases different between the two tanks?

Last edited:
But that aside...how did you get the damn spitback out?
I've tried with a pair of pliers, it just won't budge..pain in the proverbial!
I used a punch tool and hammer. I guess any kind of metal rod would work. I watched the videos and made sure to knock it out from the bottom? It should be postioned a certain way, don't remember for sure which way. I put the section I was working with on a 2x4 board (pine, soft wood). Wood wont hurt anything in this situation. I thought a hard surface might damage to the tank so I found a board.

I postioned the punch with my left hand holding the tank section at the same time on the board. Then I just gave the punch a good tap. I've done it three times. The last two, it took one tap and the twirled metal thing fell right out easily.

Yeah the the Crown 2 and Rafale came out in the same month I think. The SE1 is the best of both in one tank or a hybrid. The C2/Raf coils fit for any three of them. Some prefer the Crown 2 RBA, some prefer the vertical RBA for the Rafale (In either tank). The VRBA for the Rafale takes a while to get good at using it. But I like it now. There was a point in time where I wanted to throw it away.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom