What's new

Review Three new flavours from Manabush

Lee

Vendor
Hi guys,

Here we have three new flavours from the firewater range by Manabush. These are due to be released very soon!

Just before Christmas I was sent some new flavours to try by @ZT ,I have been itching to write about these but I had to hold off until Martyn had the lab results back on them.

So, what we have is three new additions, sent to me in plain bottles, no packaging at all it was a kind of “Lee try these” in their early stages. Anyways, I have given them a very long steep and tried them throughout the steep time.

IMG_6314.jpg

No4, no5 and no6.

These are new flavours blended over the original firewater base.

Firewater with ginger ale - I was concerned this would taste like a Waxi rip off slightly, to me ginger is ginger. Sure one is a biscuit and one is a beverage but in my experience with ginger it’s been actually quite difficult to get that across in a liquid being such a strong flavour. This is blended very well and it’s blatantly obvious what martyn has focused on achieving here. This is Canadian dry ginger ale lingering over that smokey cigar base, excellently blended. My favourite of the three.

Firewater with salted caramel - I have spoke with Martyn on the phone about this, and the other flavour coming up... to me this tastes like the firewater with a hint of BUNKR toffee creme. I was almost certain it’s the same flavour but he’s assured me it’s infact not. Needless to say, if you have tried the toffee creme you’ll know what I mean when I say - indulgence. It’s literally that, slightly salted over the legit cigar taste. Not overly sweet, ADV material this one. I could puff on this throughout my day to day shit quite happily.

Fire water with Apple - As I said above, I was sure this was BUNKR Apple & Cinnamon blended over it but again, it’s not. It does however taste exactly like that to me, which I guess is fair doos considering it’s the same type of deal. It’s that rich cinnamon pastry riddled with a sweet spiced apple, not tangy but sweet stewed Apple. Again over the cigar flavour.

I guess most have tried the firewater range by now so I don’t need to explain the base flavour in these. I will say the firewater base is the dominant flavour in all three. The best way I can describe the other flavours is complimenting, almost like smoking a cigar with a quality whiskey. It’s kind of not in the cigar but it’s there lingering around on the tongue.

Another three excellent liquids to add to the range, top marks from me! Many thanks for sending some to try, it’s been a blast [emoji16]

Edited to add - all flavours used in a billet box with the comfort bridge - 0.7 Aspire coils at around 18w.

Last edited:
Good write up there Lee.

For me, No.5 is the favourite. I get Apple Cider with a faint background of cinnamon over the FireWater base. Less spiced than Bunkr but the apple cider is so authentic, it's like having a pint!

No.6 nearly took my head off with how much punch the alcohol taste had but very moorish. Definitely agree with Canadian Dry Ginger Ale. Perfectly describes it.

No.4, I get a spin off of Chiricahua Sun but with an added Bourbon edge.

Wow, looking forward to those coming out. Thanks for that foretaste of what's to come Lee

Hi guys,

Here we have three new flavours from the firewater range by Manabush. These are due to be released very soon!

Just before Christmas I was sent some new flavours to try by @ZT ,I have been itching to write about these but I had to hold off until Martyn had the lab results back on them.

So, what we have is three new additions, sent to me in plain bottles, no packaging at all it was a kind of “Lee try these” in their early stages. Anyways, I have given them a very long steep and tried them throughout the steep time.

View attachment 184901

No4, no5 and no6.

Firewater with ginger ale - I was concerned this would taste like a Waxi rip off slightly, to me ginger is ginger. Sure one is a biscuit and one is a beverage but in my experience with ginger it’s been actually quite difficult to get that across in a liquid being such a strong flavour. This is blended very well and it’s blatantly obvious what martyn has focused on achieving here. This is Canadian dry ginger ale lingering over that smokey cigar base, excellently blended. My favourite of the three.

Firewater with salted caramel - I have spoke with Martyn on the phone about this, and the other flavour coming up... to me this tastes like the firewater with a hint of BUNKR toffee creme. I was almost certain it’s the same flavour but he’s assured me it’s infact not. Needless to say, if you have tried the toffee creme you’ll know what I mean when I say - indulgence. It’s literally that, slightly salted over the legit cigar taste. Not overly sweet, ADV material this one. I could puff on this throughout my day to day shit quite happily.

Fire water with Apple - As I said above, I was sure this was BUNKR Apple & Cinnamon blended over it but again, it’s not. It does however taste exactly like that to me, which I guess is fair doos considering it’s the same type of deal. It’s that rich cinnamon pastry riddled with a sweet spiced apple, not tangy but sweet stewed Apple. Again over the cigar flavour.

I guess most have tried the firewater range by now so I don’t need to explain the base flavour in these. I will say the firewater base is the dominant flavour in all three. The best way I can describe the other flavours is complimenting, almost like smoking a cigar with a quality whiskey. It’s kind of not in the cigar but it’s there lingering around on the tongue.

Another three excellent liquids to add to the range, top marks from me! Many thanks for sending some to try, it’s been a blast [emoji16]

Edited to add - all flavours used in a billet box with the comfort bridge - 0.7 Aspire coils at around 18w.
Yeah,but what does your mrs think?...

Great review Lee, might have had a snifter of that Ginger ale myself. [emoji3526] looking forward to the final version and the other 2.

Hi guys,

View attachment 184901

No4, no5 and no6.

Nice one buddy.
I loved no 4. It really put me in mind of a firewater chich Sun. Can't wait to get my paws on more.
Five and six also sound well up my alley.

Looking forward to trying these out, loved one and two, but three gave me the boak as I hate amaretto :( Like the profile on all of these though :)

Back
Top Bottom