What's new

Problems with new Uwell Crown 3 coils

OMG Wally, you star!

Thank you so much for linking that site, at £7.99 that is the price I am used to paying on Ebay!

Really appreciate that dude, high five!

I see there's a refer a friend option. Wanna go in on that? We get £10 each if you refer me :D

OMG Wally, you star!

Thank you so much for linking that site, at £7.99 that is the price I am used to paying on Ebay!

Really appreciate that dude, high five!

I see there's a refer a friend option. Wanna go in on that? We get £10 each if you refer me :D

off to bed now so will have a look tomorrow

Just incase anyone else has this problem, I thought I'd mention...

I contacted Vapeclub and provided them with a photograph of the coil box and all the information I gave in earlier posts.

They have confirmed that these are fake and pointed out that nowhere on the Uwell site does it mention that their 0.4ohm Kanthal coils have been changed in any way. They are still listing them as they were before.

So if anyone receives Claptonized coils, to the best of my knowledge and as far as I can tell, they are FAKE.

Hope this is helpful to someone in the future but more hopeful that no one else has this experience. I won't be using Ebay again for anything vape related.

Thanks again to all who responded to this thread.

PEACE! <3

thought so. glad to hear it was confirmed. id now put a ticket in with paypal for fake goods on ebay.

Is this advisable instead of contacting Ebay about it?

I did e-mail the seller in the early hours of this morning and told him they're counterfeit and he has responded that all his coils come from Uwell directly and that he is happy to refund me in full if I return the items.

I'll return them to him if he pays return postage. Don't see why I should have to lose money returning something which is counterfeit. Even if it's just the cost of a first class stamp...

But yes, is there any benefit to contacting Paypal over Ebay? Is it worth informing both? I don't need to seek a refund from either as he has agreed to refund me but I still feel like I should be snitching on him, hahaha!

Are fasttech reliable for providing non counterfeit goods? I am a bit worried about where to go online now and none of my local shops sell Uwell Crown 3 coils, only the coils for the Valkyrian or whatever it's called.
If it says "authentic" in the description the item is 100% genuine, Fasttech are transparent and trustworthy.

Is this advisable instead of contacting Ebay about it?

I did e-mail the seller in the early hours of this morning and told him they're counterfeit and he has responded that all his coils come from Uwell directly and that he is happy to refund me in full if I return the items.

I'll return them to him if he pays return postage. Don't see why I should have to lose money returning something which is counterfeit. Even if it's just the cost of a first class stamp...

But yes, is there any benefit to contacting Paypal over Ebay? Is it worth informing both? I don't need to seek a refund from either as he has agreed to refund me but I still feel like I should be snitching on him, hahaha!
ahh,i was only going by your email sent and not heard back. if hes replied then all good. if hes sticking by these come direct from uwell then something fishy is going on somewhere if vape club have confirmed they are fake.

as said above, fastech are pucka. they do sell clones and cheaper made versions but if on the page you are looking it says authentic then they are the real macoy. bought hundreds from them in the last 4 years.

I use the Crown SE1 tank, a version of Crown 2, and the S/s 0.25 coils, i have noticed the lastest ones are distinguished with a new yelow insulator band on them. I still have the older version, and they work fantastically. I've not got the new ones yet, so hope i don't get the same problems when i come to need some replacements.

I use the Crown SE1 tank, a version of Crown 2, and the S/s 0.25 coils, i have noticed the lastest ones are distinguished with a new yelow insulator band on them. I still have the older version, and they work fantastically. I've not got the new ones yet, so hope i don't get the same problems when i come to need some replacements.
mine have all had the yellow o ring for ages now. i did buy shitloads from china last year and they had a different base but they still work as good.
i also see they have changed the crown 1 0.25 coils.
these are the 2 versions ive got. both 0.2

Image7053616125112358595.jpg

Darn Uwell inconsistencies... I use Rafale tanks. The coils that came with it are awesome. I used the .2Ω that comes with the tank at 90W for about a month strait. I could take nice long pulls and had no problems. The flavor was really great once I knocked out the twisted metal thing in the chimmney.

I got some replacement coil tubes and they're different. Differences in oring colors, wick hole size, and botton pieces. The first two out of the tube struggle to do 70W. If I take to long of a pull it's burnt taste right in my mouth and throat. This sux. Alteast I didn't pay a lot. But I loved the way the first coils (that came in the tin can) vaped. I hope I can find some more that vape in a similar fashion.

Think maybe I'm getting hot spots anywhere in these new ones? Solder points maybe? I dont know. I really loved this tank out of the box...or tin can I mean.

Back
Top Bottom