What's new

vapesmarter needs some advice on battery size

ok

I read through and i know 18650 regulated are what people want

but the fact of drilling a hole 21mm wide for a tube by 75mm deep causes a problem that would mean the pipe must be 3 inches tall which causes another problem in the world of pipes 3 inches is silly big the sultan and billiard pipes are in real life pipes sultan could at a push take a 18650 but would not take connections a wired mech needs big wires so 30 amps cannot go through say 18awg and be safe in my mind you may have a different angle on this

I thought a 18500 battery may be a compromise over this but it comes back to the same thing people want a pipe that is the same size shape it must be regulated and be a 18650 battery for me and making this fact has pissed me right off its not physically imposable I can if I wanted too, do this but it would not look or be a copy of a pipe it would be in the same area as octopussy not an octopus and not a mod

I've had a full week of the same "can you do that pipe with a DNA board in it and a 21700 battery" was the best one to date I didn't even bother replying which for me is the thing I don't normally do

in regards to the small billiard, I have done they are changing in style each one will be different the range will go for a while then I will drop it as I move on to other things

as a maker, I'm moving more overseas so I scaling back on UK work as the work is not here for me at the moment and with vapefest not going ahead more rumbles and talk are in the industry as I said in the video once the uk modmakers have gone that's it, all you will have is smok mods and cheap chuck away pods

as I spoke to another maker the other day " it's not the fact people want to smoke they want a healthier option without the death part they dont want cigarettes they want something the same price that wont kill them"

call this the future or a prophecy but what im seeing is the same mod again and again

but in saying that my smallest twin tube 18650 dna250c to date ... hard gold plated in 18ct mod £80 cheaper than my compition, will be delivered to.........

IMG_7580.jpg

the USA

its such a pity

ok

I read through and i know 18650 regulated are what people want

but the fact of drilling a hole 21mm wide for a tube by 75mm deep causes a problem that would mean the pipe must be 3 inches tall which causes another problem in the world of pipes 3 inches is silly big the sultan and billiard pipes are in real life pipes sultan could at a push take a 18650 but would not take connections a wired mech needs big wires so 30 amps cannot go through say 18awg and be safe in my mind you may have a different angle on this

I thought a 18500 battery may be a compromise over this but it comes back to the same thing people want a pipe that is the same size shape it must be regulated and be a 18650 battery for me and making this fact has pissed me right off its not physically imposable I can if I wanted too, do this but it would not look or be a copy of a pipe it would be in the same area as octopussy not an octopus and not a mod

I've had a full week of the same "can you do that pipe with a DNA board in it and a 21700 battery" was the best one to date I didn't even bother replying which for me is the thing I don't normally do

in regards to the small billiard, I have done they are changing in style each one will be different the range will go for a while then I will drop it as I move on to other things

as a maker, I'm moving more overseas so I scaling back on UK work as the work is not here for me at the moment and with vapefest not going ahead more rumbles and talk are in the industry as I said in the video once the uk modmakers have gone that's it, all you will have is smok mods and cheap chuck away pods

as I spoke to another maker the other day " it's not the fact people want to smoke they want a healthier option without the death part they dont want cigarettes they want something the same price that wont kill them"

call this the future or a prophecy but what im seeing is the same mod again and again

but in saying that my smallest twin tube 18650 dna250c to date ... hard gold plated in 18ct mod £80 cheaper than my compition, will be delivered to.........

View attachment 184900
the USA

its such a pity
@vapesmarter head and shoulders mate it helps a bit n maybe stop scratching your scalp before photos :)
:D :D
sorry stu :)

your sending it to the USA
nooooo il be phoning customs lol

There are some pipes, that take the battery horizontally within the pipe's stem and bowl, the tank being placed further along the stem away from the bowl. A shorter mouth piece is fitted to the tank. This granted, would make the stem much thicker, but with the right design and the proper proportions, it could work with a 18650 battery. The chip/screen/switch could then go in the remaining space at the top of the bowl, assuming it's possible to get the electronic bits for it.

Last edited:
There are some pipes, that take the battery horizontally within the pipe's stem and bowl, the tank being placed further along the stem away from the bowl. A shorter mouth piece is fitted to the tank. This granted, would make the stem much thicker, but with the right design and the proper proportions, it could work with a 18650 battery. The chip/screen/switch could then go in the remaining space at the top of the bowl, assuming it's possible to get the electronic bits for it.
That's kind of what VGME tried .... looks a bit weird but I didn't hate it.

https://www.fasttech.com/product/9644401-vgme-x-pipe-18650-mechanical-mod

OK .... I tried to buy one, but they went out of stock too quickly ....... ;)

That's kind of what VGME tried .... looks a bit weird but I didn't hate it.

https://www.fasttech.com/product/9644401-vgme-x-pipe-18650-mechanical-mod

OK .... I tried to buy one, but they went out of stock too quickly ....... ;)

Yeah, that's one them, although the battery is still in the 'bowl' compatment on that one. I can't remember the name of the one i saw, but the battery was actually in the stem, with part of it, i the base of the bowl. To get it out, the stem unscrewed off to access it. The bowl was deeper than is typical of your average Briar. The tank on that one (whatever it was called!) came to within an inch from the end of the mouth piece. It didn't look too bad, but certainly didn't look like a traditional pipe. But it looked a managable size & weight.

I'm kicking myself for not saving the link to it! An image would say far more than i'm able to describe it!

Last edited:
Yeah, that's one them, although the battery is still in the 'bowl' compatment on that one. I can't remember the name of the one i saw, but the battery was actually in the stem, with part of it, i the base of the bowl. To get it out, the stem unscrewed off to access it. The bowl was deeper than is typical of your average Briar. The tank on that one (whatever it was called!) came to within an inch from the end of the mouth piece. I didn't look that bad, but certainly didn't look like a traditional pipe. But it looked a managable size & weight.

I'm kicking myself for not saving the link to it! An image would say far more than i'm ble to describe it!
It is .... but it's also a bit of a surprise when you realise where the tank goes on ...... or at least it was for me. That's what I thought they'd done when I first saw it! :D

It is .... but it's also a bit of a surprise when you realise where the tank goes on ...... or at least it was for me. That's what I thought they'd done when I first saw it! :D

With that one, it's just the battery goes in at the bottom..so it's a bottom feeder..oo-er!

Oh yeh........the doorbell rang moments ago...guess what's arrived? It's here! ;)

Back
Top Bottom