What's new

Flying with mods

Why does it say to take the tank off a mod and remove the batteries? I’ve never done this. There’s no need.

Certain tanks (Kayfun Lite for one) work on vacuums and the change in pressure has an impact.

I generally try to make sure there is at least a quarter of the tank used then remove it and turn it upside down. I get a few dribbles but usually I still have enough to vape once I get to my destination.

Certain tanks (Kayfun Lite for one) work on vacuums and the change in pressure has an impact.

I generally try to make sure there is at least a quarter of the tank used then remove it and turn it upside down. I get a few dribbles but usually I still have enough to vape once I get to my destination.

Ah, that makes sense. I’ve usually had tanks with liquid control and just closed it, and it’s been fine. Also the doggy, which I puffed empty before flying so also wasn’t a problem. I can see how it might be a problem with something like the lite.

I usually just keep it in my pocket and stick it on the tray when going through the security.

@Gentlemanthug, I've travelled to Poland many times with vape gear.

As much liquid and all empty tanks in your suitcase.
Mods with batteries in go in your cabin luggage as do any spare batteries (in a case).
Any liquids you wish to keep close to you go in the clear plastic bag with toiletries, along with any tanks or pods with liquid in them.

Hope this helps [emoji1303]

best check the aviation authority you are flying with. each airline has its own ruling and they change quite often.
usually its all mods and tanks in carry on bag. batteries in mods have to be charged just in case security ask to see it.
lose batteries in individual battery boxes.
no juice bottles over 100ml and all liquids have to go in the clear sealable bag. if you have any juice with the skull and crossbones on the label then best remove the label and just put a sticker on the bottle. even better mark them zero nic.

by lipo do you mean the older vape pens with ego fixed batteries.

@city461 lives on planes so he might have better info.
I was thinking more like a pair of Eleaf IPower mods. Something with a large capacity but ultimately something i wouldn't mind losing! Not had anything with an Ego connection since the MVP2.

Back
Top Bottom