What's new

Needs Rare Batteries?

AlphaSix

My new mod (Vaporesso Luxe) has a strange message inside the battery door. See attached pic.

I've found very, very few 35A batteries online, none sold by my go-to battery merchant, and the most hits for a search gives me Efest... Hardly a reputable name in batteries.

Surely this requirement is a bit unrealistic. Am I missing something? Even the 20700s I use in my older mod aren't 35A.

Attachments

• 15497883225045763211184183529846.jpg
    15497883225045763211184183529846.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 70
Just use some LG hg2, Samsung 30q or Samsung 25r etc will be fine in that.
Most mods recommend a 35a drain battery but as its a regulated device it should be fine.
Not sure why the manufactures always say that, maybe to cover there arses if something does go wrong?

Well, that depends on the wattage you vape at.

The Luxe is a dual 18650 mod with a supposed maximum output of 220 watts.

If you want to vape at 220 watts on a regulated mod, you need a 41 amp battery. So the warning is correct.

All the batteries Martin mentioned above are only good to up to 110 watts.

What wattage range do you vape at?

Well, that depends on the wattage you vape at.

The Luxe is a dual 18650 mod with a supposed maximum output of 220 watts.

If you want to vape at 220 watts on a regulated mod, you need a 41 amp battery. So the warning is correct.

All the batteries Martin mentioned above are only good to up to 110 watts.

What wattage range do you vape at?
Typically 40-50W on a .3-.4 ohm coil. Ni80 fused clapton right now.

You will be fine with any of the batteries I suggested up top, but as mentioned by speed freak just don't go too high in the Watts.
https://liionwholesale.com/pages/regulated-mod-calculator
This calculator suggests what batteries should be ok to use with the Watts you require.

Fogstar is a great place to buy genuine batteries.

Normally always go with a battery with at least a 20amp discharge rate as you will have to room to increase Watts safely if you choose to.

As the discharge rate increases the mah of the batterie will be less so will lose battery life but the majority of people won't vape near 200 Watts.

i use 30Q in both my luxe mods and work perfectly.
as said that warning is only if you want to run in nuclear power mode at 220w

Thanks guys. I put my fogstar INRs in it (20A) and didn't explode. Though the mod smells a bit. Probably the smell of its virginity being burnt off, and nothing to worry about.

OK the 35 amp warning is a myth. No 18650's are 35 amp. I use 18650's and have done at 200w. What happens with a regulated mod is it will buck or boost the battery power to provide the required watts and you are only pulsing the battery. Battery amp ratings are what the battery can give if you where to use it as a continuous power supply ie say a torch, you switch the torch on and keep it on for as long as you need it. Vaping you use say 5 seconds worth of power per vape. Higher wattage will just use the battery up faster than lower wattage but because you are only pulsing then the battery doesn't get put under as much strain as constant use and thus will work. 20 amp rated batteries like the 30Q and the LGhg4 will last well at lower wattage due to the 3000mah rating. use Sony VCT5a if you have concerns as they are 25 amp rated so will power high wattage easy without straining them

Back
Top Bottom