What's new

Flying with mods

Gentlemanthug

Postman
Hi there. I'm about to go abroad (Poland) for the 1st time in 10 years and the biggest change I've undergone in that time is knocking the ciggies on the head and replacing it with vaping. I don't want to take any of my 18650/22650 mods with me so I'm wondering if I can take mods w/ Lipo batteries with me? If so, can I take 2 setups?

best check the aviation authority you are flying with. each airline has its own ruling and they change quite often.
usually its all mods and tanks in carry on bag. batteries in mods have to be charged just in case security ask to see it.
lose batteries in individual battery boxes.
no juice bottles over 100ml and all liquids have to go in the clear sealable bag. if you have any juice with the skull and crossbones on the label then best remove the label and just put a sticker on the bottle. even better mark them zero nic.

by lipo do you mean the older vape pens with ego fixed batteries.

@city461 lives on planes so he might have better info.

52013870_10218621244262950_282755546979762176_n.jpg

the other thing you may have to watch for is your tank emptying its self on the way my mrs subtank dumped half its liquid last time it was on a plane

All liquids in that small clear bag they supply at the airport,all of them.So e juices in with your toothpaste,deordourant,shaving foam,aftershave etc all in the same single,one only,clear bag.
I buy a 20x20 bag with a zipper on line suitable for air travel liquids.
Batteries in your carry on bag,charged up and in safe containers.
Mods can be either in the hold or carry on,unless it has a built in battery then it's got to be fully charged and in the carry on.Unless it's a pen type with a permanently affixed tank then it's either empty and in your carry on bag or with e liquid in the tank then it has to go into that bloody clear bag as mentioned above.
I bought a Aspire cobble for air travel and just remove the tank and put it into the clear bag at security.

the other thing you may have to watch for is your tank emptying its self on the way my mrs subtank dumped half its liquid last time it was on a plane

Turn the tank upside down and keep the airflow control open...solves this.

You can take lots of juice as long as it is in 100ml or less bottles. I have took a litre like this as some was for my Stepdad and i just put whatever mods, batteries and atties in my coil master case. The airline never checks what you have only the customs/security folks. Just remove your vape items from hand luggage and put them seperate making it easier for the checks to be done. They will swab liquids and test for drugs or explosive liquids, but they are more clued up about vaping nowadays so you shouldn't have a problem.
NEVER put batteries in your suitcase but liquids can be put in and they can be in as bid a bottle as you want as it is going in the planes hold.
If you have a couple of DNA devices take those and charge via usb, saves you taking spare batteries and a charger.

I'm currently on my annual 6 weeks 'dodge the British winter' stay in Madeira. I take 3 Eleaf Ipower 80 mods with me as it saves all the faff with batteries and chargers, all I need is a USB charger. A mod with a built-in lipo battery is no different to a power bank in essence, and I have had no issues or hassles at airports. Juice goes in hold luggage except for a couple of 100ml bottles (in case my hold luggage is lost/mislaid), and coil building and wicking kit also goes in hold luggage as it contains scissors and pointed tweezers.
As you're going to Poland, I can't see that you are likely to have any issues provided that anything with the potential to be a fire hazard (such as batteries, whether built-in or separate), are carried in hand luggage.

I recommend taking a cleaned empty tank to avoid leakage as bags can move around during the flight.

Back
Top Bottom