What's new

Problems with new Uwell Crown 3 coils

Miss Fox

Initiate
Hi guys and gals!

I have been using 2 x Uwell Crown 3 tanks for 2yrs now and never had a single issue until last month when my usual order of 0.4ohm coils from ebay showed up and I discovered to my surprise that they have been changed to CLAPTONIZED Kanthal coils.

I have had nothing but trouble with these darned things! They leak like hell and nothing I can seem to do will resolve it!

I have checked all the o rings on both my tanks, gone through six different coils from two different boxes, made sure everything is screwed together properly and my glass is not cracked, I have disassembled and reassembled everything, cleaned everything and allowed it to fully dry before putting in a new (primed but not overprimed) coil and I am using a 70% vg juice so the ratio of pg/vg shouldn't be too runny for the coils... I am at a loss because after all of this the blooming things are still popping and leaking juice like crazy out into the condensation collector at the bottom of the tank. The air vents are always fully open and so I am not pulling juice into the coil which is not being burned off as far as I am aware.

I have been vaping it at around 60W and am having the same problem with both of my tanks using these new fangled 0.4 claptonized coils. I never ever had a single issue with the old 0.4 kanthal coils before they changed them to claptonised.

I have not been pulling on the tank without firing, vaping upside down or otherwise doing anything to encourage juice to get into the wick without firing it. I cannot leave the damn things alone for more than 30 minutes without a steady trickle of juice gathering in the bottom of the tank and eventually spilling out of the air vents.

I have noticed that the last coil I removed from this tank had a piece of wire sticking out of the bottom (as I nearly cut my finger on it!), not a small bit but a bit about 0.5cm long. I had used the coil for 2 tanks full of juice and inside a piece of wire had warped and folded into the center of the chimney at the top of the coil and the cotton looked like it was coming apart, it was no longer packed into a cylinder around the inside of the coil but had gone all wavy inside and was starting to obstruct the chimney.

I contacted Uwell directly a week ago and have had no response from them. I spoke to my ebay seller (whom I purchase coils from) in the hopes of getting some of the old, non claptonized coils from him and was told that they no longer make them and it's claptonized or nothing for the 0.4ohm now.

My question is this...

Have I missed something that I can try to make these coils less of a nightmare because I am on the verge of putting them into retirement, which makes me SAD because I LOVE these tanks and they are perfect for the cloud/flavour combo that I love and I also love that I can change the coil without losing a tank of juice if it burns out just after a refill etc...

Are other people having these problems?

Have the 0.5 and 0.25 coils been changed in any way or are they still the good old coils that they used to be because if so I can go back to using those and just be content. I don't want to spend the money on two boxes of coils just to find out they have been "updated" (read RUINED!!!) just like the 0.4ohm version.

Thanks for your help in advance.

Miss Fox

Hi and welcome to the planet @Miss Fox

ive got loads of uwell tanks but not the 3 so no idea why theve changed them especially after so long. they are well known for messing up when coils are first released but once sorted ive never had a bad coil from uwell yet and ive been using them for 4 years and bought hundreds of coils.

are these the ones you have as ive never heard of a claptonized coil and no mention here so might be the ones your looking for https://www.wholesalecoils.co.uk/products/uwell-crown-3-coils-4pk-0-4ohm-kanthal-a1-55-65w

Thank you for your response.

The coils in the photograph on the link you posted are not the same coils as the ones I am now using. They are the old coils. I can't find any of the non claptonised kind on ebay in the uk anymore, all the sellers I have checked have updated to the claptonised in their descriptions though the photographs all show the old box.

On the label on my box it says "0.4ohm Claptonized A1" on the label. I have been informed that these are now the only 0.4ohm coils available for the Crown 3 and the ones you have linked have been retired. This information came from an ebay seller I have been using for over 1yr, he says that he got that information from Uwell and that they upgraded the 0.4ohm coil to improve flavour and vapour production.

Here is a photograph of the box they came in so you can see for yourself.

Interestingly, I just typed in the anti-counterfeit code into Uwell's website FOUR TIMES and it is not recognising the code...

So I am now wondering that with the code not being recognised, the wire sticking out and the cotton coming apart during use these may in fact be knock offs.

If so would they bother faking the counterfeit code as well?

Never had this happen before!

Interestingly, I just typed in the anti-counterfeit code into Uwell's website FOUR TIMES and it is not recognising the code...

So I am now wondering that with the code not being recognised, the wire sticking out and the cotton coming apart during use these may in fact be knock offs.

If so would they bother faking the counterfeit code as well?

Never had this happen before!
ebay are well known for loads of fake coils, batteries, chargers and even juice.
we dont have a uwell rep on here which is a pity.

After watching a youtube video on identifying fake coils I can honestly say these must be fake.

When you look down inside the chimney you can see the cotton is all over the place before they have even been primed. The packaging is really well imitated to be fair, I cannot tell any difference between the genuine and fake box... Really disappointed in this ebay seller and not sure how to proceed. Is it worth letting him know about this or shall I just avoid him in the future? Should I alert ebay or uwell that I've been sold counterfeit products and where from?

Really not sure how to handle this but feel like I should be saying something to someone.

Thanks for all your help Mr DJ, really nice of you.

Maybe try Fasttech, that's who I use for crown 3 coils, they are still listing the old style coils, good price as well, about £7/pack, Chinese new year so need to wait a few days to message them.

Are fasttech reliable for providing non counterfeit goods? I am a bit worried about where to go online now and none of my local shops sell Uwell Crown 3 coils, only the coils for the Valkyrian or whatever it's called.

Back
Top Bottom