What's new

It’s all gone pear shaped with my EHproTrue tanks

Each time I wick I make sure it’s pretty well soaked so I can get it into the wicking channels without it catching in the threads. I’m wondering if I’m putting in too much wick? How loose is your wick in the coil?

I’ve got pure pg Nic shots to bring the 70/30 down to 60/40 ish. The rest is all 50/50 10 ml stuff
Don’t worry about how loose it is in the coil - don’t stuff up those channels

I have it about halfway down the channels and not heavily stuffed in

Interesting. I have my wicks to the bottom of the channels. No problems. I might try them shorter next time though, just to see the difference

Nothing wrong with simple tanks. Doggystyle RTA was my go to tank for ages.

I’ve never come across a complicated one as far as airflow and wicking. The kayfun 4 is complicated as far as putting it together and taking it apart, but still works on the same principle. Maybe the mtl variations on cloud tanks the chinese were making, like the manta or something.

Don’t worry about how loose it is in the coil - don’t stuff up those channels

I have it about halfway down the channels and not heavily stuffed in
That’s pretty much how I have it. Seems to give best flavour and stop the dry hits

Worth noting - use decent cotton, yeah it goes without saying but now fully realise why....
Been having less than expected results over last few days
Mainly coz I just grabbed a bit of freebie cotton than look for jiffy bag of Muji

Well grabbed a bit of Muji the other night and made a big/considerable difference
The Blue True just seems a bit more picky than my Silver one - dunno just is/was
If any tank would try to weep - it would be the Blue True especially just lately
Even getting occasional dry hits now & then, then fine, then dry again on one or two tanks
Was trying all sorts of shit, tighter/looser wicking, slighter bigger/smaller coils, extra/less wrap
Just not getting the expected flavour & the odd threat of juice weeping - wtf, thought I sussed this ffs

Nahh - seems like it was the crappy freebie cotton causing most if not nigh on all of this on numerous tanks
My own fault for being a tight lazy bastard - lesson learned (the hard way)
Could've saved a bit of agro, bit of time and also wasted juice if I just got off my arse and used decent stuff in first place
ho hum, freebie cotton in bin, re-wicked a few tanks and I've learnt my lazy arse lesson

Worth noting - use decent cotton, yeah it goes without saying but now fully realise why....
Been having less than expected results over last few days
Mainly coz I just grabbed a bit of freebie cotton than look for jiffy bag of Muji

Well grabbed a bit of Muji the other night and made a big/considerable difference
The Blue True just seems a bit more picky than my Silver one - dunno just is/was
If any tank would try to weep - it would be the Blue True especially just lately
Even getting occasional dry hits now & then, then fine, then dry again on one or two tanks
Was trying all sorts of shit, tighter/looser wicking, slighter bigger/smaller coils, extra/less wrap
Just not getting the expected flavour & the odd threat of juice weeping - wtf, thought I sussed this ffs

Nahh - seems like it was the crappy freebie cotton causing most if not nigh on all of this on numerous tanks
My own fault for being a tight lazy bastard - lesson learned (the hard way)
Could've saved a bit of agro, bit of time and also wasted juice if I just got off my arse and used decent stuff in first place
ho hum, freebie cotton in bin, re-wicked a few tanks and I've learnt my lazy arse lesson

I went for the Muji with the first builds as that's what Mark at naturevape was using so I followed suit. Was ok. Went back to my usual cotton and it was like a different atty. But I'm not getting into a cotton debate. Just making the observation before I get killed ;)

Back
Top Bottom