What's new

How much juice / squonking?

Adzlee

Initiate
Hi ppl :)
It may be a newbie question, I have had a search around & haven't found the convo I'm looking for.
I'm new to squonking, new to RDA, building etc. Before yesterday I had only used a Kroma a / Zenith combo, & all the juicing there is done on auto.
I'm getting on fine with my Vandy Vape Pulse X, the 1st build went well & I've rewicked for a flavour change.
The one thing that still has me wondering is how soaked the wicks should be? I know I could easily get through much more juice that I would with the Zenith tank.
& I guess there is some personal preference as well, but generally how often do you drip/sqounk? How wet? Welled up as much as poss? or just enough?

Just dont over squonk it as you will get leaks and never let the cotton go dry or you will get dry hits and they dont taste nice i normally wet my cotton about every 5 - 7 puffs it all so depends on what watts you are vaping at higher the watts the more juice you will use ........

Just don't over squonk it as you will get leaks and never let the cotton go dry or you will get dry hits and they don't taste nice I normally wet my cotton about every 5 - 7 puffs it all so depends on what watts you are vaping at higher the watts the more juice you will use ........
I hear ya, it's good to get opinions,. I seem to like lower watts ( around 45/50 on the pulse x & around 14/15 on the Kroma ), it is nice to get an impressive cloud even if it's only for my own amusement, but saying that I'm mostly into having a smooth vape & as little coughing as poss. Dry hits yea, not good, still getting the hang of avoiding those, though not too often. Out of interest, does experience mean zero dry hits or just less? Sometimes they seem to come real random, I can get a dry hit then the next pull with no extra juice pumped or sucked is fine.
ta for the reply.

If it spits juice into your mouth, too heavy on the squonking. Cool vape bordering dry hit, not squonked enough :D. You'll soon sense the balance as you get used to it, wetter vape after squonking & after 5-6 pulls beginning to get dry.

If it spits juice into your mouth, too heavy on the squonking. Cool vape bordering dry hit, not squonked enough :D. You'll soon sense the balance as you get used to it, wetter vape after squonking & after 5-6 pulls beginning to get dry.
Cheers, I got a pop and a splat in my face earlier.. I'll learn :D

Cheers, I got a pop and a splat in my face earlier.. I'll learn :D
All done it :)2. Like I said you get a feel for it the longer you use it. Good rule is little & often to begin. Rewicking causes more issues though if your inconsistent.

I would say with experience your dry-hits will be a rarity. If in doubt how much juice is in there, give it a quick squonk. You will quickly get what is best.

Are you getting the flavour "dropping off" after a few toots? Thats when you need to give the bottle a squeeze.

A good press on the squonk for me is up to the air holes (Recurve/D-Pro Mini) and then a wee gentle draw without firing to clear any excess juice that has not been drawn back to the bottle.

My 1st day of squonking I got terrible dry hits and I was wondering what the hell I had bought! Got the fear!

So if in doubt...Squonk!!!

Nobody likes to oversquonk but wiping a little bit of juice up is way more pleasant than a dry hit.

So as above comment, if in doubt, squonk.

I would say with experience your dry-hits will be a rarity. If in doubt how much juice is in there, give it a quick squonk. You will quickly get what is best.

Are you getting the flavour "dropping off" after a few toots? Thats when you need to give the bottle a squeeze.

A good press on the squonk for me is up to the air holes (Recurve/D-Pro Mini) and then a wee gentle draw without firing to clear any excess juice that has not been drawn back to the bottle.

My 1st day of squonking I got terrible dry hits and I was wondering what the hell I had bought! Got the fear!

So if in doubt...Squonk!!!
Hi mate, cheers for the advice.
I am getting the hang of it, I love da squonk.
No probs with flavour drop off, I think because this is my entry into dripping I just didn't have a clue. I'm happy with the when in doubt sqounk way now. My other (MTL) mod is super economical compared, so it threw me a bit, as I was seeing my 8ml bottle almost empty in a few hours, but then however much I pull on the Kroma it's less of a tasty cloud than the Pulse X.
I still find it a bit confusing with the dry hits, I can get one, then without any more juice it will pull perfect for a bunch of times, it seems random. Yea I have found that useful, a little draw without firing.
I'll get there :D

Back
Top Bottom