What's new

Vaping and IBS.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
The one I was using was from health e vape called after late but I am not in any way saying to avoid his juice, I was chain vaping the stuff like it was air, this may have been part of the problem. I am still having the occasional pull on it but switched to some other liquids and totally cut back on the after late and I have been shitting solid :)

Just to reiterate I am in no way slagging off health e vape, callum is a top lad and has always been a very good vendor and his liquid is very very nice, just my arse can't take it ;)

In no way was I asking if the juices were suspect, merely that I have a family member who switched to vaping and seems to be having harsher side effects than others I have come across. I wanted to see if there were any similarities to the juice perhaps

3 days after switching juice I seem to be fixed. How strange........
Glad to hear things have resolved Rexer. Find this interesting stuff.

Just tossing around in my head what could be going on with you here.
Firstly, it's well documented that nicotine can act as a stimulant to the bowel, so if your IBS is taking the err ....'squirty' form, -can understand why vaping heavily could aggravate it. ( and why nicotine can be good for the bowel for those that have the constipation )

However with you it seems to be not the nic intake but the VG heavy liquids that's causing the problem...

Scratches head.

So I 'm thinking that Glycerin suppositories are frequently used for constipation. They work by drawing water from surrounding tissues into the bowel aiding 'transit'. Just surmising that it makes sense that in someone who has a sensitive bowel, such as in IBS , -a vg heavy liquid may copy this action, causing stomach cramps and a flare up.

Just tossing ideas around, -may be talking out of my rear end ( only a slight pun intended):D

Actually - funny you should mention the nicotine thing. A few years ago I was pretty unwell with a disease that had been gradually taking over for (as I know now) at least 12 years before diagnosis, one of the eventual outcomes was an almost total strangling of all the organs on my left side, including the bowel - but for years before that, I often experienced excrutiating lower abdominal pains, but these would be triggered by my first cig of the day - I've never understood why.

I owe you an apology fleabag. Completely missed your post. Would imagine it was that first hit of nicotine in the morning , which acted as a stimulant to your bowel causing the cramps. Sorry to hear you had such a bad time of things. Hope you are ok now?

I owe you an apology fleabag. Completely missed your post. Would imagine it was that first hit of nicotine in the morning , which acted as a stimulant to your bowel causing the cramps. Sorry to hear you had such a bad time of things. Hope you are ok now?

After 7 years hibernation and having a few things removed/repaired, pretty much OK now.
:)

well thats me screwed then as i cant have too much PG because of the scratchy throat, too much VG and i get the shits, oh well, i was meant to be using the vaping as a give up method........

well thats me screwed then as i cant have too much PG because of the scratchy throat, too much VG and i get the shits, oh well, i was meant to be using the vaping as a give up method........

Dont give up hope yet, I suffer from mild IBS, some things will make me shall we say... soft, others no effect whatsoever, Morrisons Deli counters Southern fry fillets give me a complete Meltdown - Complete arse gravy + an extra lashing of gas, KFC has no effect at all even MacDonalds gets a look in, I can eat anything from there menu as long as I don't combine Cheeseburgers with Mango smoothies either on their own no problem - together bad news...

The moral of this story being It may not be the VG it doesnt affect me, or it could be an interaction of several things, this is quite litterally one of those times when you need to "Suck it and see"...

Ooh Rexer,
please don't let me put you off. I'm just rambling and postulating ( have a bad habit of doing that :/)
I may well be talking a load of bunkum.
You said that things seem to have resolved, -so maybe you've hit your ' sweet spot' in terms of vendor/ vg/pg?

It could be that your body will adjust. Statins often give people stomach trouble when they start on them, but it sorts itself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom