What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Changing Vape Flavours?

Basically anything with a similar flavour or vape profile should be fine to just put in one after the other. Or anything that goes well together IRL.

Its a bit like mixing your food really. If you're on a custard and want to swap to a fruit then that can actually be quite pleasant during the cross over, so you get a strawberry or raspberry custard for example.

Id strongly advise against mixing with menthols or things with coolants as that can be quite awful! A bit like eating something lovely after brushing your teeth! Only problem is it can taint the entire tank/atty.

If you have something special id always start with a clean atty and cotton though.

Thanks for the pointers, makes sense i suppose (especially the teeth brushing thing!! lol)

I used to buy that many thanks I had a tank for each flavor
Now I drop it's easy !!
I can change juice every fill up

Yup what they are saying is what I do too. The only one I swap out the coil with is a menthol or minty juice. But I keep the coil if it's still good and use it later for the next time I go to use the mint or menthol. No sense wasting coils just on one tank of juice all the time.

Use a new tank and coil..keep old one and old flavour as a go too as a break vape or something...

yeah I have 2 tanks in regular rotation and a third for anything a bit unusual. my flavours generally blend across and if I know I'm going to clean the coil out soon then i'll throw in the ones that are persistant or coil killers. whenever I'm using something new, new atty or even a new type of coil or way of wicking or type of cotton I have one ejuice in particular that I know inside and out and i always use that so I can realise quick if somethings not right.

I've been vaping for a few weeks now and have a question for the "seasoned pro's" on here that i could do with a bit of help on please - when you change flavour, what is your routine?

I've read/watched numerous different ideas, from simply just re-filling with the new flavour to washing out your gear to even buying a special "cleaner" that neutralises any previous flavour!

Just wondering what experiences you guys have had and what is best from your point of view, cheers.
lol I just pick up a different mod :P best way just get a few cheap mods to start .. £20-30 1 a month every 2 months ? your saving more than that anyway and it's always best to have a backup or 3 ..
after 7 yrs I have 6 mods I use .. when I do get another I give the oldest away .. but now I might get one every 6 months to a yr

It's a good idea, someone i know does similar and he is super organised, so he has a drawer full of half used coils with what flavour was in there written on them!! lol

i do that too!

When i first started vaping i just swapped flavours over all the time, whilst using the same coil, till it burnt out. Now i'm a little more selective..choosing similar types of flavours with a particular coil..so the 'crossover' of flavours is kept to a minimum. And if i haven't got any juice to suit a certain coil/tank, then i put the coil in one of those little baggies with a label to identify it and the flavours it been used with, until i get some more of that juice or similar flavour. Menthols are vaped in one tank, puddings in another, fruits in another etc...

Doesn't always work...some juices are more overpowering than others...so i just use my judgement when trying out a new flavour. Finally....i have one or two tanks that i only ever vape one flavour with.

Finally finally..like most on here have mentioned...it's a good idea to take the tank apart periodically, clean out all the accumulated gunk out of it (but not the coil - i just wiped that over, to remove as much residual juice off of it as i can), because some sweet juices will leave a build up of congealed gunk around the coil/base etc. Some folks use those clever cleaners...whatever they're called...but i don't have one...i just use good old soap and water and a really good rinse out afterwards....does the trick for me!

Last edited:
I've been vaping for a few weeks now and have a question for the "seasoned pro's" on here that i could do with a bit of help on please - when you change flavour, what is your routine?

I've read/watched numerous different ideas, from simply just re-filling with the new flavour to washing out your gear to even buying a special "cleaner" that neutralises any previous flavour!

Just wondering what experiences you guys have had and what is best from your point of view, cheers.

I use an RBA so I change my wicking and pulse my coils, to burn of the old juice, when i change flavour.
I did find a 20 minutes simmer in plain water, on the standard coils, helps coil life and flavour. Justbremember to blow some juice through the cleaned coil, before refitting.

Back
Top Bottom