What's new

Best MTL RTA Without JFC?

SteveV

Postman
My OH's birthday is coming up and as usual she doesn't know what she wants. After some discussion she suggested a new atty and mod. The mod isn't a problem but I'm scratching my head about which atty to get. Mrs V can't cope with anything that has juice flow control :17:. In her collection currently she has a range which includes a Dvarw clone (her favourite, which she nicked from me), Siren 2's, Berserkers, and an Ares. I could just get her another Dvarw but was wondering about some of the newer tanks like the True, the Ammit MTL or the Hastur mini? She likes a medium sort of a draw (my Spica Pro is too tight for her) and prefers top fill, although this isn't essential as long as the bottom fill is easy like on the Dvarw. Any suggestions gratefully received. Thanks :)

I have the True the Ammit and my favorite at the moment is the Berserker v1.5. It's top fill no juice control and fits nicely in between the Berserker mini and the full size one, The True tank is very good too the Ammit I am still playing with but have to say I don't use it as much as the others. The other option is the Vapefly Galaxies which is in my rotation every day too.

I hadn't thought of the Berserker v1.5, definitely worth a look. Out of the True and the Berserker which would you say has the best flavour?

Try the Cthulu Hastur Mini, no juice control on that. Great little tank.

I hadn't thought of the Berserker v1.5, definitely worth a look. Out of the True and the Berserker which would you say has the best flavour?
To me there is no difference in flavour between any of them they are all really good! The Berserker v1.5 has the perfect draw for me and the flavour is up there with all the others but I just like it!!

Agree with ^^^^. True, Beserker 1.5 and Galaxies RTA all get used regularly.

I had no luck at all with the hastur mini. But I rate the asvape zeta quite highly. It’s a great wee tank.

I'd say Ehpro True if you can wick well
or rather learn how to wick it coz it can be a picky bitch
(second True decided to do some fly tipping of juice overnight coz tails were smidge too long)
Coils seem to come out a smidge lower on True than other tanks for some reason
(maybe coz better conduction on deck ? fuck knows but both showed aprox 0.1 less than other tanks)
Not a bad thing coz now looking to drop from say 1.4/1.5 to 1.2/1.3 anyway as stuff seems a smidge better
(just the expected coil resistance seemed to settle about 0.1 ohm less than same coil in other tanks ??)

Fresia is very similar to Galaxies RTA - the Fresia's lid screws back on nicer than Galaxies
both have a tiny tiny risk smidge of gurgle/flooding when filling
Galaxies wins on flavour out of the two but spits a bit from cold
(fine if you are on second or third puff - but spits like a banshee now & then on very first draw
so I fire it for a few secs then puff - I got 3 of them and they all spit a bit - just on first draw from cold)
Resolved (I think) the banshee Galaxies, seems to prefer slightly lower 1.2~1.3 Ohmin stead of 1.4~1.5
(5 wraps not 6, single air block, slightly wider id using an odd 2.8mm bar 5 wraps tightly spaced)
just under 10w but keeping eye on volts no higher than 3.6 or 3.7v - no more spitting from cold
Or failing that some mods have a softer start option that also stops/reduces spitting from cold
Yeah fuck the Fresia now the Galaxies are behaving themselves

I actually still like the Ares TPD - I've widened the very center hole and fitted Plex bubble glasses on mine
Holds loads of juice, easy fill by pushing lid with thumb & fill away
Flavour is better now opened up the center hole a bit under coil - but a smidge behind the Galaxies and maybe True

But after all that I still use the stock Zenith tanks - coz it just works

All of them are nice but the vape is different on all of them - not a cop out but it is a different kind of vape
be it concentration or vapour or taste or ease of use/filling/wicking - they are all good but just different
and if any were that shit I would of got rid of them or never use 'em but I rotate them coz they are all decent

not tried the others - gonna grab a 3.5ml hastur soon and probably call it a day I think
(OK I got my eye on a Beserker but trying to resist "not another fucking tank" the missus will say)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom