What's new

No flavour with Cleito

Xsmok

Hi so I am still fairly new to vaping, a couple weeks now. I started with a Vaporesso Veco Solo, which is a great starter kit and plenty vapour and flavour. I also have the original Smok Alien 220 TC. So I just got a new tank for the Smok Alien today, the Cleito, the first one I think. Problem is I am getting zero flavour through it. I read a thread earlier on another forum with people having the same issue. I primed the coil first, let it stand for half hour, started with lower wattage so I don't initially burn it, and put it up now to 45w. Vapour is fine, but I am getting 100% nicotine hit at back of throat but with zero flavour. It's the pre-installed coil I am using. I am pretty sure I've done everything right, researched everything etc. Would poking holes in the cotton help? I can't do that just now because I don't want to throw out an almost full tank. Any other suggestions appreciated!

Welcome to the forum @Xsmok - good to have you here :) What coil have you got in the Cleito? Not used one for a while but it had bags of flavour when I used it. Not a bad tank at all. Also, what mg juice are you using?

Hi thanks for the reply and welcome @junglist It is the pre-installed 0.4ohm coil, I'm using 6mg Doozy Vapes Avalanche eliquid 70VG 30PG (amazing flavour in the Vaporesso with it). Actuallly I just vaped again now with the Smok Cleito tank and flavour is coming through ever so slightly. Perhaps it just needs breaking in a bit first?

Poking holes in the cotton wouldn’t help I don’t think. People do that to increase wicking, but it seems like it’s wicking fine if it’s producing plenty of vapour and you aren’t getting dry hits.

Is it a liquid you’ve used before in the other tanks?

Maybe it just needs a while for the coil to break in?

Hi @Xsmok, welcome to the Planet :)

I use Aspire coils in one of my tanks (not a Cleito), I have noticed they take a little breaking in. There's a slight cottony taste for the first half-tank or so, then they're fine. Maybe that's what's happening.

The other thing to note is that eliquid tastes different in different tanks. This may seem like stating the obvious, but it can be quite dramatic - your favourite juice can be fantastic in one tank, and completely bland in another. It can be frustrating, but it's all about experimenting and finding what works for you.

It's possible you got unlucky with a dodgy coil, but I'd give it a tank and see if it gets better, or even try a different liquid.

Flavour is coming through a bit more, second tank I've filled now, didn't expect it to take so long. it's still not there much but it's better. Guess it just needed breaking in a bit, thanks for all replies.

I gave up on my cleito. When it worked it was fantastic but there were too many dud coils coming in a pack and I got sick of the unreliability.

Is this your coil? Habe you tried the .27? You might get more flavor with it instead of the .4
Screenshot_20190119-150217.png

Yeah, some of those Aspire coils take a while to 'bed in' i find. The 1.8 BVCs are like that, no matter how long one leaves the tank to 'prime'....there's always a slight cotton taste to a newly fitted coil before the full flavour comes through. I think the problem with Aspire's coils, seems to be that they pack the cotton in too tight, so takes a while for the juice to fully come through.

Just a question have you been vaping the same flavour or have you been changing it?

Back
Top Bottom