What's new

Nic salt gone off?

Sparkky

Postman
Managed to get my hands on 72mg nic salt and successfully made some juices, keeping the rest of the nic in the fridge. A month or so later, I made up some more juices, recipes I had used before, but they tasted disgusting. The nicotine was a slightly darker colour but no odour or anything. I tried again but no better. Juices I had left, made with it were still ok.
Anyone else had this problem?

I've had some bad nicotine before, but it was bad from the go, it shouldn't go off in a month that's for sure. The stuff I've been using now has been sat in dark cupboard for a few months.

Salt nic should be more stable than freebase. Mine has been out of the freezer in a dark place for months and is fine, totally clear still.

I’ve got some dark star nic salt shots now but at 18mgs at VG/PG 50/50 I cannot make juices at 70/30 with flavour concentration and nic content I want.
Oh well....worst things happen at sea.
F**king legislation!

Try and pick up some 50/50 salt nic shots from somewhere. Or even 100 pg.

Try and pick up some 50/50 salt nic shots from somewhere. Or even 100 pg.
That’s what I’ve got but at 18mg strength it’s difficult to create juices with at required percentage of concentrate and nicotine (salt or otherwise) above 3 to 6. For example, Mexican Fried Icecream suggests around 25% use.
Or at least that’s what POTV calculator tell me.

Maybe you’d be better using stronger concentrates? Many flavour art, inawera etc are good at 1-3%.

Yay! Found some 72mg freebase nic in freezer I had forgotten about, will mix some with nic salt shots. Zouzounaki thanks for the suggestions.

Mine been left out for months, during the summer, goes dark but vapes fine. :hmm:

Mine tasted peppery and bitter, just awful! Oh well, what I found in freezer seems fine and blending with nic salt shots nicely.

Back
Top Bottom