What's new

Schoolboy Error

Welcome to POTV.

Seen you have had some great advice already.

Personally, if that kit is working for you at the moment, stick with it. There is massive amounts of different options available but for now, kick that need for cigs then can still eyeing up shiny new toys, many MTL users on here with some fantastic bits I'm sure they would show off to you and tempt you with.

I would go for one of the Innokin Zenith kits, as suggested above.

Thanks for the advice - some great stuff in there. I've noticed (looking online) that peoples experience of withdrawing from nicotine varies - i've seen a few where they've gone to zero within a couple of months but that was my worry - that i'd end up back on the fags! I think i'll leave it a bit yet before i start reducing but i'd be interested in getting some new kit still (got to spend my fag money on something or the missus will be spending it on clothes!!!) Cheers.

Getting a second third or even more set ups is never a bad idea. I was in your situation 4 years ago but you have way more options now. There's lthings to consider, like do you fancy learning how to make your own coils at some point, do you want a mod that has built in batteries.
do you want a pod system or a box mod and a tank.
MTL isn't for me but i did start that way i used 18mg first to weeks the harshness made me go down to 12mg after about 4 months i tried sub ohm vaping with 3mg and found it way more pleasant on me. But i guess the first 3 months MTL got me away from smoking and you are hopefully going down at least the first 3 months of my story and will keep going. Before you know it you will be a year in and know there's a sense of taste and smell again, you feel healthier but the best thing is when you have to walk away when folks smoke because you realise how much it and they stink. You know you have cracked it then.

Thanks for the advice - some great stuff in there. I've noticed (looking online) that peoples experience of withdrawing from nicotine varies - i've seen a few where they've gone to zero within a couple of months but that was my worry - that i'd end up back on the fags! I think i'll leave it a bit yet before i start reducing but i'd be interested in getting some new kit still (got to spend my fag money on something or the missus will be spending it on clothes!!!) Cheers.
id ignore the advice about nic levels and listen to your body...... i smoked 40+yrs and never vaped as high as 16mg started on 12 then 9(mix a 6 and 12 together) fairly soon stayed on 6 a while and finally 3 where im at now(and have been for years) all inside 9 months see how we are all different? Your body and vaping style will determine your level not someone elses journey

Firstly get a back up mod and tank! When I started my mod died within a week and I panicked. Thankfully a replacement was sent ASAP and I survived but my god did I panic!.

I’d say, as above, listen to your own needs regarding nicotine. I would, however, recommend a couple of 10ml Nic salts at 20mg for going out drinking unless, of course, getting drunk doesn’t appeal or doesn’t make you go nicotine mental.

If you like your tank then perhaps get another or look at reviews for mtl tanks.. if you don’t want to build your own then the usual suspects like the Nautilus or the Zenith will be the main go to’s. Then you can go down the build avenue and start to play, or just go there now!

The link to the MTL section is a must. I think I’ve read everything on it.

As for mods well if you’re only going to mtl then I’d get something compact that appeals to your sense of aesthetic. You won’t need anything that can blow over 50 watts.

Get something with external batteries. USB charging takes forever.

Finally your choice of juice will make a massive difference to your vape experience. There’s some utter shite out there and some sublime stuff too. Buy small at first. Don’t do a me and buy 10 bottles because loads of people say it’s great and then hate every single one!

Good luck

Don't hurry yourself, if you have a setup that works, keep going(grab something similar as a secondary if you feel you need to/must), but don't rush toward the finish line.

Heck i've had the occasional puff(singular) here and there to scratch an itch and nonsense going on in my head about a need for it, but i find myself brushing my teeth 5 mins later and wanting gone of the taste(like sucking on a dirty sock).

Work through a good year or two and experiment with different juices, but never force an unnecessay change if you have a setup that works, as you will likely find a need for it naturally over time.

Last edited:
I would have a look at the Zeltu pod it will do MTL and for the nic cravings you wouldn't go wrong with Manabush nic salt juice to go with it. [emoji16]
The Zeltu kit would be a handy back up kit if your original fails, lost or left in your other jeans. You can never have to many back ups. Also the Zeltu is an all in one so you can charge via USB.
+1 for the zeltu as a back up. I keep mine in the car. Cracking piece of kit [emoji1303]

Thanks for all the help so far - I bought a new vape kit at the weekend (couldn't resist or wait!!). After a lot of time spent looking in here and online (I watched what felt like a lifetime of youtube videos!), I've gone for a ................ Aspire Zelos kit! I wanted the Nautilus 2 with it but this was out of stock - I also spent about an hour talking to the vape shop guy about it aswell, he also offered some great advice. So now i have this as my main one and the little Aspire K3 pen as a backup / car one!

I'm impressed with it so far - and its dead on my level in terms of how complex it is!

Thanks again for all the comments and help - I'm looking forward to continuing my vaping journey with the input of everyone on here!!

Nearly three weeks with no fags now and no cravings!

Wait until you discover the classifieds and giveaway sections in here, polishingturds.....then the shinyitis will really start to kick in! lol! I don't think you're able to see that bit yet..cos you've gotta build up your post count a bit more first.

I'll probably get in trouble for mentioning that, cos there are a lot of freeloaders, that come on this forum JUST to try and get free stuff, but don't contribute one iota to the forum itself. Fortunately i'm not like that, and i've done a giveawy myself recently...so i think i'm in the clear! lol!

Please don't kick me out administrators! :51: :18:

Wait until you noticed the clasified and giveaway section polishingturds.....then the shinyitis really starts to kick in! lol! I don't think you're able to see that bit yet..cos you've gotta build up your post count a bit more.

I'll probably get in trouble for mentioning tht, cos there are a lot of freeloaders, that come on this forum JUST to try and get free stuff and don't contribute one iota to the forum.

Please don't kick me out administrators! :51: :18:

Lol, thanks for the heads up!

Back
Top Bottom