What's new

Pleas help me. Your views on E-cigs (and flavours)

Questions like "do you think there is a chance" are not the best for getting correct results.
There is always a chance that a teen who started vaping will then switch to fags (for whatever reason). And even if I believe that it's less than 5% probability,
I'd have to answer yes to your question. But I guess the real question was - is it a common situation that someone starts vaping and then switch to fags? And the answer is No. In reality there are much more ppl who are switching from smoking to vaping all around the world then the opposite.
Ahhh, thank you for in forming me, it really helps. :)

I think its a valid question in a survey, I am sure there is an age related trend in the age of people vaping versus smoking.
I have a range of friends from 16 to 90 (I am 59) and more of them smoke versus vaping as age increases.

I agree with you that there is indeed a place in a survey to gauge the age of the people filling out the questionnaire, to aid with statistic analysis and what not.

I can't answer a question in relation to the trend in age of people vaping and smoking as it is impossible to know. All one can do is speculate. I have my speculations, but yours/others could be completely different.

I agree with you that there is indeed a place in a survey to gauge the age of the people filling out the questionnaire, to aid with statistic analysis and what not.

I can't answer a question in relation to the trend in age of people vaping and smoking as it is impossible to know. All one can do is speculate. I have my speculations, but yours/others could be completely different.

Well that is the sort of information a survey could correlate.
My example was not speculation, it was factual based on the trend of people I know.

Done. But i want to add the questions asked in the survey will no doubt get the same answers from most of us. E cigs are proven at least 95% safer than cigarettes, flavours are not aimed at younger people but there are companies that have used packaging that is child friendly and most of us agree that practice is wrong.
There are millions of people who have quit smoking due to vaping where as other methods ie patches, gums sprays have failed. I am one of those people.
now please go get a cigarette and an ecig and try them both and come back and tell me which you think you prefer that will answer one of your questions ie can vaping lead to smoking. I am sure you would choose to vape than smoke. I didn't enjoy smoking even though i smoked for 27 years due to the taste of tobacco i added something green to it to make it taste nicer, you know what i mean. so flavours offer more choice than if you could only buy tobacco flavours .

now please go get a cigarette and an ecig and try them both and come back and tell me which you think you prefer

You are not giving the alternatives?
Actually, the correct answer to that will be: "Thanks, but I will remain smoke and vape free".

You are not giving the alternatives?
Actually, the correct answer to that will be: "Thanks, but I will remain smoke and vape free".

The point was to illustrate that vaping won't or shouldn't lead to taking up smoking. If you tried both as a non smoker i am certain that person would choose vaping.

Back
Top Bottom