What's new

About to indulge

Is that 0.14ohm dual coil. If so an extra wrap on each would put you around 0.16ohm/26A so a bit of a safety buffer. Personally I use Ni80 either flat (Brochrome) or Aliens.
That's dual coil ha. No I don't think I'd be asking if I had 0.14 per coil. I'd probably be in the hospital.

I'll add a wrap to each
Brochrome definitely on the order list. I forgot to last week.

That's dual coil ha. No I don't think I'd be asking if I had 0.14 per coil. I'd probably be in the hospital.

I'll add a wrap to each
Brochrome definitely on the order list. I forgot to last week.
Only asked as wasn't sure what RDA you're using, and you'd be surprised how many forget to half the ohm with duals :D. Brochrome or Ni80 gives you a bit more resistance to play with being higher than SS, but still has fast ramp up.

Been very happy with the 316L SS coils but needed a change today, so put in some ni80 Clapton coming in at a slightly pushy 0.14 (30amp) on my molicel 20700.

Ni80 makes SS ramp-up seem so slow....

..follow up;
But flavour doesn't seem as good.
Think 0.14 is a bit low for good flavour it seems. Does that make sense?

Grantwd I'm doing 1-sec pulls because I'm a wimp. :)

It'll calm down as the battery depletes, toss up between building low ohm coils that come good as voltage drops or building a bit higher to get a good vape from the off.

So, was time for new coils so just did the usual, only this time I aimed for 0.13,but ended up needing to cut the legs such that I ended up with a 0.10 build.

Far too low for a 35A battery even.

I'm not running it on my mech, obviously. But, I've noticed that the resistance rises to as much as 0.13 when it gets hot. Does that mean I CAN use it on the mech or is it an absolute no no?

If not, I'll just run it on my regulated until it needs re-coiling.

Just logged back in after a while.
I've actually removed the cotton from all my builds.

I indulged alright. Went from occasional use of a simple pen to 0.08-0.10ohm mech builds in the space of a year.

And then I started getting a dull ache in my lungs.
And then shortness of breath and raised heart rate.

So I've packed it in and it is starting to feel a bit better.

I fear that is the end of my short but powerful vaping sprint.
So likely I'll be selling my Tauren, Dreamer, Aegis Legend, building kit and numerous tanks. The Bonza mech will just go in the bin. I don't want to inflict that shit on anybody.

:( Not pleased at all. Miss my little tokes.

There's always MTL if you still feel the urge. FWIW I get a seriously sore throat if I vape at too low ohms too, through simple adjustment I find my sweet spot is actually 0.18 to 0.20 ohms, not had an issue since the change.

There's always MTL if you still feel the urge. FWIW I get a seriously sore throat if I vape at too low ohms too, through simple adjustment I find my sweet spot is actually 0.18 to 0.20 ohms, not had an issue since the change.
The way my lungs feel, I best leave it entirely for a good while. There's definitely damage.
I loathe seeing doctors but if this doesn't go away within a few weeks I'll have to bite the bullet

Back
Top Bottom