What's new

Vaping 'no better' than smoking regular cigarettes

Sadly good journalism in regard to vaping is very rare, most articles being nothing more than copy and pasting press releases.

This independent headline suggests that a study has found that vaping is just as bad as smoking. In reality it showed the opposite.

Petri dishes of human cells, those found in the mouth and lungs, were exposed to an extract of vape every three days for eight weeks. At the end of that time it was found that some of the cells had died. Hence "vaping bad". However what didn't get reported was that they also treated cells with tobacco smoke and all those cells died within 24 hours!!

So to recap, ONE dose of tobacco smoke killed all cells within 24 hours, whilst over EIGHTEEN doses of vape extract killed SOME cells after EIGHT weeks.

Here is Professor Linda Bauld writing about this study in the guardian.

Hope this reassures you.

Wow! Great info thanks!!

My sister stopped vaping cause she got a growth in her mouth and her Dr told her it was from the vapor. She stopped vaping and the growth went away. I think she was allergic to something in the liquid she was using or her mod tip. She's allergic to nickle. So she is one of those people who goes around telling people not to vape

Nickel? I think this metal is pretty poisonous for everybody in a bigger amounts.

Her tip was a stainless steel that apparently was not nickle free. Nickle is also found in some yellow golds is why some people are allergic to yellow gold.
Also why our nickel (5 cent piece ) is no longer made of nickle.

Edit:
Btw Love your avatar :p :)

Okay I’m a vaper have been for four years and yes I also review. But I’m also a final year student nurse and I’m currently writing my dissertation on vaping. I have found 10,000+ clinical research studies from around the world and not one says that vaping is worse than smoking. The latest one released in December shows hat it is 96.4% healthier (god knows how they work that out).
Anyway hope this helps

Okay I’m a vaper have been for four years and yes I also review. But I’m also a final year student nurse and I’m currently writing my dissertation on vaping. I have found 10,000+ clinical research studies from around the world and not one says that vaping is worse than smoking. The latest one released in December shows hat it is 96.4% healthier (god knows how they work that out).
Anyway hope this helps

I like vinny, vinny is smart, vinny a new generation of medical health care that understands vaping isnt only cool but healthier then smoking too.

More gps, nurses etc need to be vinny

Vinny is awesome.

Back
Top Bottom