What's new

Vanilla custard base mix

It’s great stuff @cptfrederickson . Also if you add it to already mixed liquid it works straight away, pretty much. I like it in custards and all desert flavours.

It's a shame you can't really transfer salt into a vape, much like sour or to an extent, fizz. Or at least I've not seen how.

VT fizzy sherbet is supposed to be good to add fizz to a beverage vape though

Use saline

twas the only thing i could think of that may work. having never tried it i am glad someone else has:)

Saltiness seems to be quite elusive in vapour. I was trying things out for a tzatziki recipe, and couldn’t find anything that would taste salty. Apparently salt flavour is impossible to replicate artificially, too.

Saltiness seems to be quite elusive in vapour. I was trying things out for a tzatziki recipe, and couldn’t find anything that would taste salty. Apparently salt flavour is impossible to replicate artificially, too.

So i wonder if salted caramel would be salty. I am sure i have seen the flavour. But yes salt isn't exactly a flavour. Regarding saline, i was sure i read somewhere people had used it to add a salty flavour hence the first comment.

So i wonder if salted caramel would be salty. I am sure i have seen the flavour. But yes salt isn't exactly a flavour. Regarding saline, i was sure i read somewhere people had used it to add a salty flavour hence the first comment.
It was used in a recipe I'd seen on DIY or die from Charlie noble as I recall

Saline doesn’t add salt taste, unfortunately. I have a salted caramel concentrate, that doesn’t taste salty to me either.

Saline is used to thin out juice i think?

FLV beer nuts apparently tastes a bit salty but Chefs were out of stock last time I ordered flavours so couldn't buy it to try.

I have some savoury flavour testers currently mixed up ready to try this week, could probably do with a salty conc if any of them turn out to not be vomit inducing. Corn, cooked egg yolk and tomato all at 2%, cheddar, mozzarella and fried bacon all at 1%. I'll post up my thoughts in a thread once I've tried them.

Back
Top Bottom