What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Vanilla custard base mix

It’s great stuff @cptfrederickson . Also if you add it to already mixed liquid it works straight away, pretty much. I like it in custards and all desert flavours.

It's a shame you can't really transfer salt into a vape, much like sour or to an extent, fizz. Or at least I've not seen how.

VT fizzy sherbet is supposed to be good to add fizz to a beverage vape though

Use saline

twas the only thing i could think of that may work. having never tried it i am glad someone else has:)

Saltiness seems to be quite elusive in vapour. I was trying things out for a tzatziki recipe, and couldn’t find anything that would taste salty. Apparently salt flavour is impossible to replicate artificially, too.

Saltiness seems to be quite elusive in vapour. I was trying things out for a tzatziki recipe, and couldn’t find anything that would taste salty. Apparently salt flavour is impossible to replicate artificially, too.

So i wonder if salted caramel would be salty. I am sure i have seen the flavour. But yes salt isn't exactly a flavour. Regarding saline, i was sure i read somewhere people had used it to add a salty flavour hence the first comment.

So i wonder if salted caramel would be salty. I am sure i have seen the flavour. But yes salt isn't exactly a flavour. Regarding saline, i was sure i read somewhere people had used it to add a salty flavour hence the first comment.
It was used in a recipe I'd seen on DIY or die from Charlie noble as I recall

Saline doesn’t add salt taste, unfortunately. I have a salted caramel concentrate, that doesn’t taste salty to me either.

Saline is used to thin out juice i think?

FLV beer nuts apparently tastes a bit salty but Chefs were out of stock last time I ordered flavours so couldn't buy it to try.

I have some savoury flavour testers currently mixed up ready to try this week, could probably do with a salty conc if any of them turn out to not be vomit inducing. Corn, cooked egg yolk and tomato all at 2%, cheddar, mozzarella and fried bacon all at 1%. I'll post up my thoughts in a thread once I've tried them.

Back
Top Bottom