What's new

Review Caledonian Vapes - Heather Cream

So the taste of whisky comes through in the vapour? Then that should work with brandy too. A world of possibilities has just opened before me...

So the taste of whisky comes through in the vapour? Then that should work with brandy too. A world of possibilities has just opened before me...

It's definitely there. Cameronbridge is a Scotch I've never tried so can't say how that Scotch compares from drinking into liquid but it works.

Glenfidich in my baccy mix in my kayfun at the moment.
Have also used Club Havana rum.

it is easy to achieve a back note in the mix.
Never tried for a prominent flavour. The limiting factor would be how much can you add before the mix is too thin.

Never tried for a prominent flavour. The limiting factor would be how much can you add before the mix is too thin.

That’s what I would be after, just a wee hint in the back of a tobacco vape. I have bottles of 12 star metaxa and laphroig select on the shelf that should work nicely. How much do you add?

That’s what I would be after, just a wee hint in the back of a tobacco vape. I have bottles of 12 star metaxa and laphroig select on the shelf that should work nicely. How much do you add?

These days my mixing is very unscientific so no numbers on hand. 5% to 10%
My latest mix was all about thinning an rda mix for the kayfun and it was over 5% perhaps 8% and I notice the flavour.
i would just say reduce or drop your pg all together so you do not over thin.
Just wing it and see how it goes.

Random thought, just now- if you burned off the alchohol you would get less thinning and could add more.

I do enjoy a havana club mixed into a net. The aged club can hammer a coil even in small amounts.

I do enjoy a havana club mixed into a net. The aged club can hammer a coil even in small amounts.

I have probably used club 7 and not noticed. I am mostly on RDAs though which might help and unless I had to rewick more than once a week I would not notice or if I had to rewick after 5 days, my memory is bad enough I would just assume it had been a week. My other flavours tend to be low with only tiny amouts of sweet flavours. I thought nets could be a bit gunky anyway?

Gunk has never been a problem for me though, now you make me think about it. Come wick change time coils vary from, that could have gone another week and jeez that is gunkier than usual. Not being a problem, I have never analysed which ingredients might cause the difference. I am happy to believe you are right.

I have probably used club 7 and not noticed. I am mostly on RDAs though which might help and unless I had to rewick more than once a week I would not notice or if I had to rewick after 5 days, my memory is bad enough I would just assume it had been a week. My other flavours tend to be low with only tiny amouts of sweet flavours. I thought nets could be a bit gunky anyway?

Gunk has never been a problem for me though, now you make me think about it. Come wick change time coils vary from, that could have gone another week and jeez that is gunkier than usual. Not being a problem, I have never analysed which ingredients might cause the difference. I am happy to believe you are right.
You are quite correct. Net does indeed cause a bit of gunk but we'll worth it.
Yes I'm lucky enough to have some blue label Havana club squirreled away from visits to the great island. Sadly as I can't drink anymore it's a good way to still enjoy the flavour. I think as I remember from visiting the factory Cuban Rum is obviously produced from pure raw sugar cane and the older the vintage the more it reaches a toffee consistency. We all know how sugars in e liquid also kill the coils.
I imagine some of the more modern spiced rums could be pretty tasty too with a dark tobacco blend.

From my earliest days of diy, I always fancied a bit of booze flavour with my baccy mixes (all my mixes are baccy) I tried several whiskys ,brandy, and rum . They were all pretty crap though I did find good use for the rum at low percentage even it was clearly the type of flavour used in Old Jamaica rum and raisin chocolate (which will mean nothing to anyone that is not of a certain age) and had little in common with actual rum.

Thinning juice with vodka was a common thing when I joined the forum. Even before I started diy, as I dropped my nic content I continued buying 24mg juice and diluted it with glycerine from the supermarket and whatever spirit I had (normally whisky) to thin it down. The more I diluted the Hangsen the better it got. That led to diy.

From my earliest days of diy, I always fancied a bit of booze flavour with my baccy mixes (all my mixes are baccy) I tried several whiskys ,brandy, and rum . They were all pretty crap though I did find good use for the rum at low percentage even it was clearly the type of flavour used in Old Jamaica rum and raisin chocolate (which will mean nothing to anyone that is not of a certain age) and had little in common with actual rum.

Thinning juice with vodka was a common thing when I joined the forum. Even before I started diy, as I dropped my nic content I continued buying 24mg juice and diluted it with glycerine from the supermarket and whatever spirit I had (normally whisky) to thin it down. The more I diluted the Hangsen the better it got. That led to diy.
Old Jamaica was a favourite and Aldi do a version from time to time which is excellent.
Have you tasted ZT's firewater H,D. I know it's not within your usual ethic but it's mighty fine stuff for a treat.

Back
Top Bottom