Innokin
What's new

Rose3 - help me love it: juiceflow

Biochemist

Postman
Good morning Apes,

about a year ago now I bought an SXK Rose3, my go-to build for this sort of RTA is a 2.5-3mm spaced 316L coil coming to around 0.5 Ohms, running at 22-28W. I cut the cotton flush with the threading for the chimney, pushed everything in place, opened the JFC a full turn and got an incredibly flavourful vape for the first 5 minutes, after that the whole tank emptied on my mod... Since that I periodically take it out of the drawer and try different builds and wicking methods (e.g., the S wick) but I always end up either getting dry hits or floods. I really want to love this tank, I find that it beats even my Taifuns for flavour, and the draw is amazingly smooth. I'd consider myself a fairly good builder, have built and occasionally still build with mesh, vertical coils, parallel, had no problems with "tricky" tanks such as the Taifun GSL, basically it is the only atty I have that I can't say I've cracked the building, and yet I want to use it because it looks amazing and the flavour is nearly unbeatable.

What sort of works is building it like I described, but cutting the wick a bit beyond the threading and then stuffing it back in to cover the whole juice ports, however even then if I dare to turn the chimney more than a hair (literally) it leaks. Clearly not the right solution and I don't feel I can depend on it to take out and about.

Needless to say I have checked all o-rings etc, it won't leak when the chimney is screwed shut and it only leaks through the airflow control.

Vape Superstore
I am using 26 AWG 316SS, here's a pic, probably not a great one and should change this build soon enough.

Attachments

• IMG_20190112_095714.jpg
    IMG_20190112_095714.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 284
AcmeFog
Thanks for the reply, Muji, exclusively for the last 2 years :) But I have tried with Rayon without any luck.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
Thanks for the reply, Muji, exclusively for the last 2 years :) But I have tried with Rayon without any luck.
Cotton's fine then and your wicking looks good so build and wick it the same just raise your coil by half a mm and keep the cotton away from the airflow underneath the coil and you shouldn't get anymore flooding [emoji4]

Hard to tell from the picture but........... It looks to me as though the Coil is too Low and too small?
I use a Rose 3 a lot and have found that for my purposes, I have far better results using a 3mm id Coil. I think the the added diameter allows for more Cotton which solved every thing for me. I would do as Matty said, make sure that there is no cotton near the Air Flow Hole in the Deck. Cut your cotton slightly longer and then make sure that the Cotton is fluffed out but not thinned out if that makes sense?
This is the build I have been using in my real Rose3 for months and I haven't had any flooding, weeping, or gurgling at all.

Vape Green
I had an sjmy clone and it had exactly the same problems you describe. More often flooding and leaking than dry hits though.

Does have to be said, in the past I had owned an SXK an SJMY and something else and if I am being perfectly honest, finally bit the bullet and got a real one after trying one out and hearing that none of the problems I experienced with these were present. Best thing I ever did!
I have had this Pre TPD one for some 11 months now, or thereabouts and it has NEVER misbehaved :)

Vape Club
Aye I had wondered if the problems with mine were clone related. The way it fits together must be a bit complicated to copy, I can imagine it’s an easy margin for errors to be made.

Back
Top Bottom