What's new

Door magnet fixing help.

Designing some 3D printed removable panels for the Billet Box, there's little room for the magnets and I think a press fit won't be viable, so anyone got any advise on some sort of adhesive? the magnets are pretty strong.

Designing some 3D printed removable panels for the Billet Box, there's little room for the magnets and I think a press fit won't be viable, so anyone got any advise on some sort of adhesive? the magnets are pretty strong.
What about tiny magnets.?
I said in another thread there are tiny ones in iPad cases along the front to activate wake/sleep function..
I strip them out there are some real tiny ones.

Attachments

• 49FFAE55-D20F-4297-8894-BA3516AE455E.jpeg
    49FFAE55-D20F-4297-8894-BA3516AE455E.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 45
What about tiny magnets.?
I said in another thread there are tiny ones in iPad cases along the front to activate wake/sleep function..
I strip them out there are some real tiny ones.
I have these really expensive ones (£1.35 for a hundred!) 3mm x 2mm
https://www.fasttech.com/p/5534907
The main problem is they need to right into the corner, normally I would do a tight press fit but the are too close to the edge and will simply crack the corner, printing a panel now and going to try super glue.

Here's a pic of how close they are:
BB Door Screen Side v4-back.jpg

How about epoxy resin would that work

Yes but it must be slightly flexible

End mill and epoxy

Super glue is acidic and may react use epoxy and cut the hole so they will press fit but the hole if too tight will cause the glue to form a vaccum and so you won’t be able to push the magnet in

Back
Top Bottom