What's new

Your Help Is Needed

Mawsley

Putting the soup into super hero
Screenshot 2019-01-08 at 04.26.48.png

I'll send her a link to this thread. Please contribute - you are all experts on this topic - and Sharon is doing some amazing work deserving of our support.

Ta.

Even if you can't quit the cigs straight off, just aim to cut down. Every cigarette avoided is a small victory in itself

first of all just send this link in a text....

https://www.planetofthevapes.co.uk/forums/your-story/threads/tell-us-your-story.173807/

Secondly consider joining a decent forum (POTV) if you have 20 questions

Thirdly - vaping will still require some willpower, but imho it makes it a lot easier to quit
(tried gum/patches cold turkey and drove me nuts & I failed - all covered in the link/thread)

Get some advice, maybe visit a shop or two and maybe you will try a decent MTL starter kit
A good kit and some good ejuice & you should increase your chances of quitting tenfold
(even if you failed in the past)

But yeah, even a reduction in cigarette smoking is worth it

I would simply say to anyone thinking of trying it..but have been discouraged by the negative reports of vaping, is don't be. A lot of press reports & 'scientific research' findings etc, are flawed, and some are biased against vaping, especially where tobbaco lobbyists are concerned!

Many new vapers come to save money with vaping (i now spend a 10th of what i used to as a smoking), not to mention one's health. Breathing will become better, the risk of developing tobbaco related diseases will reduce & one will no longer stink of fag smoke. Believe me, as an ex smoker, i can't stand the smell of cigarette smoke today!

For wannabe newbies, learn as much as you can, & go to your local vape shops and ask questions, get advice. Some vape shops allow new customers a try out first, so potential new vapers can experience vaping before buying.

There is a huge array of kits, tanks and juices available today, which can be somewhat bewildering for newbies, so best keep it simple. Don't buy an expensive high powered mod, as many folks (like me) prefer a MTL (Mouth to Lung) set up, as this system best replicates the act of smoking. Buy a starter kit, maybe a regulated (MTL) kit, and a selection of 10ml bottles of flavours and experiment with it, whilst still smoking. Once one has learnt how to use the new kit, found a few flavours one likes...a new vaper can then try to reduce the number of cigarettes down, till one is ready to come off tobbaco for good. There are those that have switched to vaping in a single day, or a couple of weeks, but many can take months to achieve independance from tobbaco....it's all about what works best for a newbie.

In my opinion, vaping offers the best chance of sucessfully quitting smoking, and i've tried all the other NRP products available in the past, all failed. Vaping works for me, give it a try and see if it works for you!

Since quitting smoking for good, i no longer think about smoking..it's the best thing i've ever done! :D

Last edited:
Go and ask questions at your local vape shop and you will soon be smoke free

Vaping..
Another waste of time and money eh.
As a heavy smoker who tried everything else from gum, tablets to sprays. I can say the transition to e cig's was far easier than I could ever have imagined.
Things you find out after switching.
Yes smoking does effect your health. Colds have cleared up quicker and been less frequent.
No chest infections.
I can walk further / faster without getting breathless and am far fitter than I've been in years.
All those people you know really do think you currently smell. A polo mint and deodorant really does not cover it.
If that means nothing to you.
Current spend per year if I was smoking ten packs a week (17 cigs a day) = £5200
Spend while vaping. (Including a couple of good set ups, a year's worth of coils and juice) £700.
That's a four and half grand saving.
£4500. What was I thinking.
Oh you roll your own so don't spend that much.
Planet of the vapes can show you how to make your own juice and coils plus point you in the direction of every vape bargain bringing your anual spend down to less than £100. (Less than a fiver a week to look better, feel better, smell better and be far better off).

A waste of time and money you say.

Back
Top Bottom