What's new

Vandy Vape Kylin 2 RTA troubles

Meza

Hi guys,

I recently joined the world of rebuildables and made my first build.
The coils seem to be fine however when Vaping I either end up burning my lips, getting lots of juice spit back or both.
I’ve tried not inhaling as hard which results in me burning my mouth. If I inhale harder I burn my mouth but also get spit back. I literally can’t vape for over 2 seconds if that without the tank burning my lips. Any suggestions? I can provide pics if needed.

Thanks guys

Hi guys,

I recently joined the world of rebuildables and made my first build.
The coils seem to be fine however when Vaping I either end up burning my lips, getting lots of juice spit back or both.
I’ve tried not inhaling as hard which results in me burning my mouth. If I inhale harder I burn my mouth but also get spit back. I literally can’t vape for over 2 seconds if that without the tank burning my lips. Any suggestions? I can provide pics if needed.

Thanks guys
Post pictures bud.

The Kylin is not the ideal RTA for a beginner and it will take some practice to get it right.

What type of coils are you using, at what resistance, and what type of cotton?

5210CD18-9789-4365-8A37-F96BBF855AA3.jpeg
B0D83E9F-EED7-4F5D-AAB1-F8C8B5F6FFAB.jpeg
A49AD8E7-AE45-4167-9F62-4298C7683C09.jpeg
893BEE93-8B5D-4A5B-BC91-8E03AC464F7E.jpeg
279019FE-7A19-4788-BA06-2CBDDED83254.jpeg
80AC0701-904C-47FA-95A7-EC4C21AA567E.jpeg
768DA84E-7FC1-4E8B-BF93-2C7B9FF1C57D.jpeg
So this is my build guys let me know what you think... running at 0.13 ohms. Coils are triple infused Claptons at 6 wraps. Vaping at 70-85 watts.

Great coils bud but not enough cotton in the juice wells.
It will flood the deck like that which is why it is spitting juice.
Id say you need at least double the amount you have.

I tried to stuff the cotton down there the first time but I was choking it, resulting in dry hits after only a few hits. I’ll try it though and see how I get on... thanks!

I tried to stuff the cotton down there the first time but I was choking it, resulting in dry hits after only a few hits. I’ll try it though and see how I get on... thanks!

What you need to do is completely cover the juice wells, with as little as possible in the wells, as in the pictures.

If you still have problems I would swap the coils for single strand ones, vaping at a lower wattage thus putting less pressure on the wicks until you get the hang of the wicking.

So just use more cotton but ensure it’s the same as my current pics?

So just use more cotton but ensure it’s the same as my current pics?

Like @Ment 's picture you want juice to go into the juice well.
Plugging the top bit only and tight so it doesnt flood but not too tight it chokes.
See the line as below.
Try to cut your wicks so when they're fed into the well they dont go further than ment's do in the picture.

20190108_170811.jpg

Back
Top Bottom