What's new

Mtl Mesh?

Noted. This will be a long term project for me. I know only too well that when you get smug and cocky things tend to go pear shaped.
Have found a NextEra clone that I had squirreled away. Guess this series of tanks are all pretty similar to build on?
Yes indeed. All designed for mesh. I've seen a review here with cotton used but that's a complete waste of its design.
You will get frustrated (I threw a kraken genny more than once) but have fun with it.

Like so many other elements of this hobby, there "can" appear to be a great deal of mystique surrounding Mesh and Genesis Mods.
I well remember when I first joined POTV I was dumbfounded by some of the seemingly incongruous responses to questions being asked back then and nearly gave up before I began. However, whilst it was a steep learning curve at the time, it paid off in spades. It was a case of not quite believing how simple it had been and being absolutely certain that I had done something wrong because it worked!!

This was long before we had the so much more straight forward devices that VapeWareMods gave us, such as the NextGen. My first Mesh building experiences were with the Kracken and some other awful piece of garbage. :)

@rew The NextEra is somewhat different from the NextGen and Nextiny in that you don't have the Upstand in the deck onto which you build your Mesh Wick. In many ways, I now find the NextEra by far the easiest to work with and certainly the quickest. The one tip I would give you is to make your coil at 3mm id and then you have plenty of room for inserting the Mesh Roll. :)

There is an exceptionally good Build Guide here...............

I like @stealthvape Mesh :)
I usually keep supplies of 200 SF (Supafine) 200, 350 and 400. Bear in mind that the lower the number, the more porous the mesh.
300 or 350 are ideal starting points. I tend to only use 200SF if I am making a Straw within a 350 Roll. @rew you'll find out more about "Straws" by looking at the silent Mesh Tutorials I linked earlier. :)

I like @stealthvape Mesh :)
I usually keep supplies of 200 SF (Supafine) 200, 350 and 400. Bear in mind that the lower the number, the more porous the mesh.
300 or 350 are ideal starting points. I tend to only use 200SF if I am making a Straw within a 350 Roll. @rew you'll find out more about "Straws" by looking at the silent Mesh Tutorials I linked earlier. :)

Thanks for all the assistance Rob. It's much appreciated.

Not a problem @rew, the more I can do to demystify Mesh Builds, the happier I am.
Actually, Carol just said that we should try and organise an Open Day for any who want to come and have a Mini Meet up and sharing of ideas, Tips and Tricks with Mesh?
Don't know that I really know enough, but would be happy to arrange something for the Springtime?

Not a problem @rew, the more I can do to demystify Mesh Builds, the happier I am.
Actually, Carol just said that we should try and organise an Open Day for any who want to come and have a Mini Meet up and sharing of ideas, Tips and Tricks with Mesh?
Don't know that I really know enough, but would be happy to arrange something for the Springtime?

Nice idea. Keep us updated as to whether that's happening

Like so many other elements of this hobby, there "can" appear to be a great deal of mystique surrounding Mesh and Genesis Mods.
I well remember when I first joined POTV I was dumbfounded by some of the seemingly incongruous responses to questions being asked back then and nearly gave up before I began. However, whilst it was a steep learning curve at the time, it paid off in spades. It was a case of not quite believing how simple it had been and being absolutely certain that I had done something wrong because it worked!!

This was long before we had the so much more straight forward devices that VapeWareMods gave us, such as the NextGen. My first Mesh building experiences were with the Kracken and some other awful piece of garbage. :)

@rew The NextEra is somewhat different from the NextGen and Nextiny in that you don't have the Upstand in the deck onto which you build your Mesh Wick. In many ways, I now find the NextEra by far the easiest to work with and certainly the quickest. The one tip I would give you is to make your coil at 3mm id and then you have plenty of room for inserting the Mesh Roll. :)

There is an exceptionally good Build Guide here...............

It's squonkable too. This may solve another problem for me too

Definitely intrigued, watching from the sidelines...

Back
Top Bottom