What's new

Do I need a Vaponaute in my life?

So me and Cyril have been together ever since Christmas Day and have been everywhere together. So after just over a week of use I thought id give my verdict for those (@Crewella et al) who are in that 'dunno if I should get it' situation.

Im going to compare Cyril to the pico as they are quite similar and that's what I had before. Im just a junior when it comes to vaping so I can't give you any clever technical gumph or comparison.

IMG_3895.JPG

IMG_3898.JPG

I think both look rather lovely with the True RTA but as you can see Cyril is a little taller and, as you would expect from a top class teenage fantasy girl, she has more of a Hollywood look about her.

The size difference was a little off-putting for me at first as id become so used to the pico and the way I held it to vape that when trying to hold Cyril in the same way it just felt all wrong.
IMG_3897.JPG

But as Cyril is one of those classy birds like wot u see in the movies she requires a more delicate touch.
IMG_3896.JPG

Im not sure if they designed it so your thumb goes into the the little indent at the back but when you do hold it this way it becomes perfectly balanced and a delight to use. It does, however, leave my pinky poking out but then as a small boy looking at Cyril Shepherd in my bedroom each night my pinky was often sticking out!

Cyril is a bit of a sturdy girl and weighs almost 60g more than the Pico. The added weight really does give Cyril a much nicer hand to weight ratio - She just feels nicer.

The SS finish is superb. I think it has some sort of coating on it that makes it so silky smooth to the touch. Cyril really is a pleasure to hold. She just feels 'right' and definitely has a premium feel.

I love the battery door mechanism as it seems strong and sturdy. The clip feels really secure and has a good positive feel. You do, however, have to make sure that you've closed it properly as if you don't it will spring open at will with a force strong enough to flip itself over. Battery life is very good!

When you press Cyrils buttons they feel firm and clicky but there is lateral movement which annoys me a little but she tells me that all women have wobbly bits and I should STFU.

Compared to the pico firing up seems much quicker. I have virtually exactly the same coils in both Tanks shown but Cyril just seems to fire up much faster. Im not sure if this is all Cyrils doing but the difference is very noticeable.

The one thing I don't like about Cyril is that I find her quite hard to read. I find the font doesn't agree with my eyes and I really don't like the distortion at the edges of the screen. It is quite minor though and im nit picking.

Conclusion:

They say you should never meet your heroes and when I first met Cyril in the flesh I was a little disappointed. Id become very used to the Pico's feel and looks and on first impression the difference was minimal. I swore to my OH I was delighted but I had faint feelings of 'emperors new clothes'. However, as the days went by I started to fall in love. Cyril has become the new normal for me and with each day she becomes more and more likeable. Theres a certain satisfaction to picking her up between finger and thumb and feeling that perfect balance and weight. I can't help but smile looking at her and giving her a sneaky thumb stroke. She looks good with a pint and doesn't look out of place next to the laptop in a meeting either (informal meeting obviously).

I got her as a surprise Christmas present so didn't pay for her.

Would I buy one if I had the chance to try one, compared to the pico? Yes, yes I would! She's a luxury item that makes me happy. Fuck sensible head. Life's too short for that shit!

@Sprite71 How you getting on with yours?

Glad to see that all that hinting paid off @Discomatt ;) I expected it would lol

I too have been using my Vaponaute since Christmas day but haven’t really thought that much about it’s performance. To be honest I don’t need a mod to do much other than go between 10 and 20w, have a decent battery life, comfortable to use and look aesthetically pleasing to me ... and yes it ticks all the boxes. I was a bit concerned that it would not have that solid, quality feel that I was hoping for, but I needn’t have worried. As soon as the battery went in, worryingly one of my thoughts were “I could knock someone out with that”. I have no idea if this is true, as it’s not something I’ve ever tried doing :D

Prior to getting the Vaponaute my preferred mods were 3 picos, the resin one being my first choice. I’ve just picked it up ... it doesn’t even have a battery in, and hasn’t since Christmas day. The Vaponaute has been in constant use. I wouldn’t say the reason for that is down to novelty value, or because it’s new. If something’s not quite “right” I tend to go back to my convenient setup, for instance my Jac Vapour Dna75 which I got about six months ago, has only been used a handful of times, even though I like it and it does what I want, I hate fighting to get the battery out. Changing the battery on the Vaponaute is even easier than the pico. I’ve not come across the battery door springing open so thanks for the heads up @Discomatt

The screen hmm, yes I hadn’t noticed about the slight distortion at the edges where the screen bevels. It was certainly dismissed by me as “yep you should be wearing your reading glasses” and no more thought given. It hasn’t bothered me to be honest since I can read the number part fine. I haven’t tried it (on any mod yet) but a firmware update may change the display or make it customisable (or is that just dna mods).

So here (s)he is. I can’t decide on gender, so it will remain nameless :) In my head it’s a she but it does have a masculine ‘look’ about it.

0EBB7426-3309-41C3-BCCB-EB5510C63976.jpeg

I have my kf mini v3 on it at the moment, not a perfect match since it’s only a 19mm tank, but I tell myself it does look slightly shorter (maybe).

Overall I am very happy with it and wouldn’t really fault anything.

... and the big test

Yes, I would still have been happy if I had bought it myself :D

Remember I linked to the firmware that's available again on Vaponaute's google drive and there's always AF you can try, you can also change fonts in AF with a suitable respack :D

Remember I linked to the firmware that's available again on Vaponaute's google drive and there's always AF you can try, you can also change fonts in AF with a suitable respack :D
I installed it from the website after you posted the link and have it safely saved. Thank you

Thanks John, I hadn’t seen that, haven’t logged on in a while.

I’ll probably test out the AF on a pico first ... just in case It all goes horribly wrong

I made an AF build with Vaponaute fonts and logo's if you fancy it :)

Back
Top Bottom