What's new

Original DROP RDA - as single coil set up

Dtpumbationz

Postman
Hi all - hope you’ve had a great new year...

I received a gas mods gr1 rda for Xmas but just hasn’t been for me yet, but keep going back to my drop rda - using as a single coil set up. I wanted to know from any of you who have done or currently do the same, how high or slanted to the middle does your coil go? Do you have pics of your set up? I keep raising and lowering - and just can’t hit a sweet spot sometimes.

And I know - some of you will say just get the drop solo or rabbit sq for single coil builds, but my account is crying from Xmas still. So using what I’ve got :)

Hi all - hope you’ve had a great new year...

I received a gas mods gr1 rda for Xmas but just hasn’t been for me yet, but keep going back to my drop rda - using as a single coil set up. I wanted to know from any of you who have done or currently do the same, how high or slanted to the middle does your coil go? Do you have pics of your set up? I keep raising and lowering - and just can’t hit a sweet spot sometimes.

And I know - some of you will say just get the drop solo or rabbit sq for single coil builds, but my account is crying from Xmas still. So using what I’ve got :)
Then maybe I'll throw a curve ball and say why not just use the drop in dual coil configuration? And yeah I know battery life and all that jazz but you could always build to a slightly higher ohm or aim for the same ohm of your single coil and I'm sure the difference in battery life would be negligible at best [emoji6]

This was the best single coil setup I managed on the Drop for squonking:

I tried t get the coil as low as I could but still inline with the airflow holes, held the barrel on the outer rim and eyed it up that way.

DropDrop.jpg

I hadn't thought of trying it in my Solo, just using Ni80 Clapton, got a brand new one I am going to coil and will give it a whirl.

Ironic you gave me a setup from my setup lol.

loving the Drop RDA, both as a dripper or squonker. Fantastic flavour and clouds (if that's your thing)

I did single coil in my Drop like vapaneezer-scrooge but a little lower, i pre bent the legs so they came out almost flat, then pulled it tight and up a bit.
At the moment i've gone back to duel claptons but smaller wire Coilology Ni80 Fused Clapton 28*2/36 AWG 6 wraps each, the pair comes in @ 0.34 which I'm running on my Topside at 60w, Fantastic flavour.

Back
Top Bottom