What's new

SXK DNA 60 E-Scribe

Cdr_Shep

Initiate
Hey guys,

Just got one of the lovely USB port DNA 60 SXK billets from the lovely guy over at Naturevape. Having trouble with the e-scribe part of it though. Unfortunately, the main computer I have available at home is a mac, so I've got the mac version of e-scribe from evolvs website. Can't seem to get anything working though, the main selecting page pops up, I select e-scribe and it launches, then just stops & closes before anything else happens. Can anyone else out there with a mac advise me?

Hey guys,

Just got one of the lovely USB port DNA 60 SXK billets from the lovely guy over at Naturevape. Having trouble with the e-scribe part of it though. Unfortunately, the main computer I have available at home is a mac, so I've got the mac version of e-scribe from evolvs website. Can't seem to get anything working though, the main selecting page pops up, I select e-scribe and it launches, then just stops & closes before anything else happens. Can anyone else out there with a mac advise me?

Works ok on my air, try un-installing it and trying again.

That would be dependent on the flavour of MacOS you're using, I hear 10.14 is still problematic, on 10.12 here and e-scribe works fine. Alternative options include running the windows version in virtualbox, there's a howto for that on the evolv forum or run windows natively in bootcamp.

Last edited by a moderator:
UPDATE:

So I got it all working in the end. It looks like you have to fiddle about with exactly which version of Escribe you download. I went for the most up to date version for Mac (international), a link to which I could only find in the forums of their website, NOT the link published on the product page.

In addition to this, once getting the software to work properly it seems two of the micro USB cables I have won’t transmit the necessary data through them, but will charge the BB, very strange.

However it’s all working now, which is great! Thinking about designing some themes in Escribe for the billet, they have one published, but I don’t like it particularly. Could be a long process of making something worthwhile!

@Cdr_Shep not all mods are firmware updatable so a lot of the cables included only carry the power cables and not the data. Seems pointless to me but I guess it must save them pennies.

Back
Top Bottom