What's new

Is it me or is this diagram wrong?

https://www.zamplebox.com/community...egulated-series-box-mod-vaping-battery-safety

Scroll down to the diagram of the parallel battery mod and study the wiring diagram. Am i a total fool or will firing the mod simply complete a short circuit? The batteries negative terminals appear to be connected to nothing but the positive terminals via the fire button!

Yup - the top switch wire taps into positive feed to 510 and will force a booming short when pressed

The top switch wire should go to the negative side of 510

Also don't think it covered using a mosfet (3034) to turn on a high wattage/amp circuit etc....
but then if they got the very basics that far out then perhaps best they don't
Though tbf it seemed like it was a half confused mosfet circuit with a basic switch circuit
As with a negative mosfet like the irl3034 you take a postive supply to switch, out the other side to signal wire to 3034 gate leg
turning on the mosfet to allow the negative circuit to complete from source to drain
viola - high amp or wattage switching without arcing at switch contacts

well something like that - been a while since I built some power fet circuits

Also very confusing trying to explain the doubling of voltage/mah difference
with using series/parallel arrangement - one doubles voltage & other the mah capacity
explained perhaps a little easier and quite basic here....

series%20and%20parallel%20packs2.jpg

apart from that "minor" safety flaw.....

19xbgu.jpg

ps - welcome to POTV

Last edited:
Ask the guy who did the drawing if he has ever wired one like it, and tried using it........................................

Back
Top Bottom