What's new

It’s all gone pear shaped with my EHproTrue tanks

Each time I wick I make sure it’s pretty well soaked so I can get it into the wicking channels without it catching in the threads. I’m wondering if I’m putting in too much wick? How loose is your wick in the coil?

I’ve got pure pg Nic shots to bring the 70/30 down to 60/40 ish. The rest is all 50/50 10 ml stuff
I've learned to wick thinly. Barely any tension on the coil. I don't think the tolerances are quite as good as the hastur mini so each tank has a few idiosyncrasies.
I must admit I've been running mine in t.c. (nife 30), to rule out the possibility of dry hits and I've left the hastur mini rta's for wattage duty.

G
I've learned to wick thinly. Barely any tension on the coil. I don't think the tolerances are quite as good as the hastur mini so each tank has a few idiosyncrasies.
I must admit I've been running mine in t.c. (nife 30), to rule out the possibility of dry hits and I've left the hastur mini rta's for wattage duty.

Thank you.

So I’m going to take everything on board and have another go. Higher coil height, thinner wick. No thinning out etc.

What’s odd is this hasn’t happened at the start but has happened after a few weeks of use. Maybe I’m getting slapdash?

Just remembered I got a magnifying glass for Christmas so will actually be able to see what I’m doing properly as well. Will report findings later.

Appreciate the replies chaps!

I must admit I've only ever used 50/50 liquid in mine (it's a slave to manabush I'm afraid). Apart from that first time it dropped its guts, it's held true since.
As ever, check all usual suspects like small o ring deffects and any of the usual daft thing's that catches us out. Just last night I had a trillium piss all over my mod. Checked the glass, orings (everywhere) before realizing I hadn't seated the stock coil fully. How many time's have I asked other's if they've done the same when they've had a leaky stock coil tank yet, there I was with two mls of juice bukake'd over my mod. Twat.

Thinner wick and a higher coil. That simple, well, for now it seems. 24 hours and not a drop and no dry hits. However, I’m not holding my breath as for the most part this is how it always starts.

As I'm a newbie I'm really pleased with this tank. It's the first tank that I've successfully built without it peeing out everywhere.

Tbf I had a look at the comments on here as I had a leak on the first attempt as I need all the help I can get!

On the second go, I raised the coil a touch and used a thinner wick.

So, if a ham fisted idiot like me can do it give it a try.

As I'm a newbie I'm really pleased with this tank. It's the first tank that I've successfully built without it peeing out everywhere.

Tbf I had a look at the comments on here as I had a leak on the first attempt as I need all the help I can get!

On the second go, I raised the coil a touch and used a thinner wick.

So, if a ham fisted idiot like me can do it give it a try.

Yup now the only leaks I’m getting are when I forget to close drip ports. I do find it fussy with flavour though. I think I’ve got it down pat now but it really doesn’t like a tight wick and too much cotton kills flavour for me. I cut the wick so it’s about half way up the wicking port cutout and that seems to work best for me. Often I’ll wick it and then leave it for a while and then re-trim the wick to length. Nothing I own comes close on flavour. Hope I haven’t peaked too soon.

What gets me is we was told/fed stuff about tanks with intricate airflow decks
interchangeable blocks, air flowing all around the coil etc.....
Large fat wide tall chimney collecting max vapour/flavour blah blah blah.....

All stuff like that - then along comes this thing - single modest air jet, moderate compact chimney
That blows away most of the MTL competition immediately ????
(yeah - I was a bit sceptical of this straight forward modest by comparison tank)

Now could have been designed by precision NASA engineers or a complete fluke (probably bit of both)
But it friggin' works - end of

Yeah, wicking has to be correct but this imho improves your overall technique & method for other tanks too
So this learning curve is a good thing - even if at first you felt frustrated learning the minor quirkiness

Brilliant top fill no flooding, though the holes themselves could have a bit larger where the grommets sit
Can't say it is perfect, as nothing ever is, but it certainly raised the bar for others to follow
(including Ehpro themselves)

What gets me is that it delivers without all the intricate fancy BS, a well engineered, compact tank full of flavour
Once you learnt the tank, it can be summed up with the word: AMAZING
Straight forward, no ultra fancy crap, down to earth but just friggin' works and works fucking well once wicked properly

Last edited:
Most mtl tanks are based on really simple principles in my experience. Glad you got it sorted @Discomatt . Have you got your zephyr on the go yet?

Most mtl tanks are based on really simple principles in my experience. Glad you got it sorted @Discomatt . Have you got your zephyr on the go yet?
Not yet no. On opening it up all the seals are perished. Need some time to have a tinker. Looks lovely on the vaponaute too. Might have a go this afternoon.

Nothing wrong with simple tanks. Doggystyle RTA was my go to tank for ages.

Back
Top Bottom