What's new

Nic salts - do you get that “ah” feeling?

I’ve been thinking about this thread and similar ones for a while now and especially @zouzounaki ’s comments regarding the salt "effect". As a new vaper and recent quitter who smoked at least 20 a day I can say that when I first tried 20mg salts I was pretty quickly satiated. However, my previous 50/50’ normal Nic liquids were 12mg. Looking back I can see the obvious was the increase in nicotine and not the salts. However, this week I’ve been swapping between 18mg shots and the 20mg salts and I still get more quickly "Nic full" with the salts than I do the regular shots.

The one thing I’ve noticed with the salt vs regular Nic at similar strengths is that, with the salts being far smoother, I am taking longer draws than I am with the regular Nic. Perhaps this is the reason I’m getting a better "hit" as it were?

Regardless of what form the Nic comes in I can still go the same length of time in between vapes meaning that my nicotine needs are being fully met by both over the hours.

I’ve been enjoying some nic salts from Dinner Lady but I’m struggling to see the benefit. I’m sure it might be marginally better than my regular 3mg but I certainly didn’t / don’t get that “ah” feeling like I did with fags .... maybe I was expecting too much? I think however I can leave it longer inbetween vapes if I have had a little chain vape

to be fair the main thing that keeps be buying nice salts in 20mg is really the speed it hits me and satisfies my needs, what mod/podsys are you using it in?

Do yall think I'd be better off trying nic salts... I vape a 12 reg nic all the time anything lower and it's like drawing on air. And I'm constantly hitting on my vapor ..... I was a heavy smoker when I smoked ( 30 to 40 fags a day ) and the 12 nic just dosent seem to cut it for me sometimes :( and if so what nic level do you recommend and can i get it in flavors like I'm used to? Like maybe an Orange Cream or something sweet?
Trying to get away from the ss but be nice to know I can get it if I want it lol
Any advice is appreciatedp

Oh oh and can i use salts in this
It's an Eleaf iJust ECM

Attachments

• 20181208_184840.jpg
    20181208_184840.jpg
    638 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Why not just get 18 or 24mg standard nic and trybthat @kockeyedkitty ? The problem I have with salt nic is that even at 36 or 48, it feels like breathing air, but leads quickly to a massive head rush.

Why not just get 18 or 24mg standard nic and trybthat @kockeyedkitty ? The problem I have with salt nic is that even at 36 or 48, it feels like breathing air, but leads quickly to a massive head rush.

Because if I go higher on the regular nic it alters the taste of my liquid. Or does it do the same with the salts?

Hi @kockeyedkitty , so with the salt you can go much higher, and it doesn’t really have a harsh throat hit. As for flavour, I diy and have noticed that the salt nic seems to prevent, or st least reduce, the steeping effect. So they all taste different to me. This might not be a factor if you’re buying premixed. Some people say they get an unpleasant taste from the salt nic itself, while others seem not too. Maybe it’s worth buying some small bottles to see how you get on with it.

I certainly got that ahhh feeling after I put some 20mg salts through a dripper. And then shortly followed by what I could only describe as my heart trying to escape out of my ears lol

Back
Top Bottom