What's new

Squonk Setup

Tobytyke

Achiever
Ok Peeps, I like the 2 RTA’s that I have, Zeus single coil & Kylin mini and also my only RDA The Drop. But I’ve been thinking of giving squonk it a go. Maybe I’ll ask the Wife for a kit for Xmas. So what would be a decent setup for giving it a go. Needs to be regulated and what would be considered decent RDA’s to boot.

When I use my Drop I probably vape around 50w and that’s with dual coils. Are there decent single coil RDA’ S to use with a squonker. Something with a deep juice well would be ideal as I’d be worried about flooding the bugger.
All thoughts and recommendations greatly appreciated.

TIA.......Lee

Ok Peeps, I like the 2 RTA’s that I have, Zeus single coil & Kylin mini and also my only RDA The Drop. But I’ve been thinking of giving squonk it a go. Maybe I’ll ask the Wife for a kit for Xmas. So what would be a decent setup for giving it a go. Needs to be regulated and what would be considered decent RDA’s to boot.

When I use my Drop I probably vape around 50w and that’s with dual coils. Are there decent single coil RDA’ S to use with a squonker. Something with a deep juice well would be ideal as I’d be worried about flooding the bugger.
All thoughts and recommendations greatly appreciated.

TIA.......Lee
The drop can be used as a single coil squonker (I have done this myself, and I'm sure others have as well [emoji5]). So that can get you started. I'm still trying to find a squonker mod to fulfill my needs. Like you, it should be regulated. I have the geekvape gbox, but it tends to seep abit (more likely user error). I also have the Arctic dolphin Anita, and the TCR is way off.
I've not had any luck with squonkers [emoji853].

The drop can be used as a single coil squonker (I have done this myself, and I'm sure others have as well [emoji5]). So that can get you started. I'm still trying to find a squonker mod to fulfill my needs. Like you, it should be regulated. I have the geekvape gbox, but it tends to seep abit (more likely user error). I also have the Arctic dolphin Anita, and the TCR is way off.
I've not had any luck with squonkers [emoji853].

Suppose the Drop would get me going yeah. Don’t like the sound of leaking/seeping issues. I also MTL as well so any recommendations on MTL RDA’s too.

I've only started squonking 2 weeks ago buddy and I have to say I ordered NIKOLA NIAGARA squonker regulated with dual 18650s just mod for 27 quid of AlliExpress and ijoy combo srdta using it as a single coil at around 40W and love it 6 ml of juice +4 ml in a lil tank refilling is piece of a cake just need some more bottles and refill bottle to come round also I've got vapefly galaxies mtl on order + I'm considering getting another squonker next year, fell in love with squonking and just thought afterwards why I did not give it a go while back......... @Tobytyke just get an order in!!!

Suppose the Drop would get me going yeah. Don’t like the sound of leaking/seeping issues. I also MTL as well so any recommendations on MTL RDA’s too.

The strike 18 is a good one. I had the cheapest clone from fast tech, about $7 or thereabouts and it puffs very well. I swapped it, as hated dripping all the time, but have another one on the way (ordered it a while ago to puff cbd with it, but also got a small squonker the other day). I also have a speed revolution mini clone on the way, haven’t tried this one but it seems to have good reviews on fasttech. And it looks nice. And was also super cheap. @eyeball kid seems to be the man to ask about mtl squonkers.

I recall @Simon G speaking highly of le concorde as well I’m sure.

I love my le concorde .... they are great drippers, not the most squonk friendly though I guess, shallow and will leak easy if you go crazy with the squonk action.

I like the vapefly galaxies RDA best for squonking.

I don't really like squonking much at all though, so I'm not the best person to give advice. :D

I use 3 Kylin mini's and a GeekVape Zeus single coil as my daily tooters and run them between 16-25ohms so guess we're likely to be pretty similiar in what we like.
Ive tried numerous RDA's for squonking on various devises and there are only a few I've really liked tbh.
Top 3 are.......

3) Oumier VLS
https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/oumier-vls-rda-preview/

2) Wotofo Recurve
https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/wotofo-recurve-rda-review/

1) And number 1 by a country mile that ticks all my boxes is the Advken George
https://www.ecigclick.co.uk/advken-gorge-bf-rda-preview-more-ultem/

Wotofo Profile RDA, i use mine at 50w on mesh, but you can single coil it to.

Out of the drop dead (dual coil) and the profile, the profile is ahead on flavour.

Using both on a topside and not having any issues.

As above.
Definitely the strike 18 for mot and something like the armour or coil art dpro mini for packing a wallop with low ohms.

Back
Top Bottom