Vape Superstore
What's new

Tiny squonk

zouzounaki

Olympian
FD3C79DB-273D-49D8-9752-3CCCD09ABE1D.jpeg
So would you believe, I have bought a tiny squonk. A vandyvape simple ex squonk kit. I’ve always been an outspoken opponent of both vandyvape and squonking, but after somebody posted a photo of this in the “favourite mtl setups” thread, I decided to get one.

It’s pretty good. I’ve been puffing it for half an hour or so. But I’m not sure whether I actually like squonking, or if there’s a novelty factor at play.

It’s pretty small, very light, but feels quite solid. My only complaint is the dripper. It works well enough, but it’s a little bit noisy, and has a strange deck where you clamp the wires under the bottom of the screws. A real pain in the arse trying to fit the included superfine clapton coil. I’m not sure I like the coil either, it has noticeable ramp up time. I’ll probably switch it for a 30awg stainless one soon.

I have a strike 18 in the post that I ordered by slow mail a month or so ago. I think it will be perfect with this.

Apart from the noise, the dripper puffs well. The airflow is from the bottom, right under the coil, with a selection of intake holes on the side that go from pretty loose to super tight.

The squonk action seems to work well, although that’s from someone who has never squonked before, so with nothing to compare it to. I think I still need to get the hang of this, as I seem to have emptied the 4ml bottle in just two dunts. Although it didn’t flood. So maybe I’m doing t right.

It’s voltage adjustable, so very very simple, with five settings from 3.3 to 4.5 in steps of 0.3v. No resistance reading, or watts to adjust.

Incuded is a picture for size comparison. Sorry about the quality, the light is a bit dim in this kitchen.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
View attachment 179705 So would you believe, I have bought a tiny squonk. A vandyvape simple ex squonk kit. I’ve always been an outspoken opponent of both vandyvape and squonking, but after somebody posted a photo of this in the “favourite mtl setups” thread, I decided to get one.

It’s pretty good. I’ve been puffing it for half an hour or so. But I’m not sure whether I actually like squonking, or if there’s a novelty factor at play.

It’s pretty small, very light, but feels quite solid. My only complaint is the dripper. It works well enough, but it’s a little bit noisy, and has a strange deck where you clamp the wires under the bottom of the screws. A real pain in the arse trying to fit the included superfine clapton coil. I’m not sure I like the coil either, it has noticeable ramp up time. I’ll probably switch it for a 30awg stainless one soon.

I have a strike 18 in the post that I ordered by slow mail a month or so ago. I think it will be perfect with this.

Apart from the noise, the dripper puffs well. The airflow is from the bottom, right under the coil, with a selection of intake holes on the side that go from pretty loose to super tight.

The squonk action seems to work well, although that’s from someone who has never squonked before, so with nothing to compare it to. I think I still need to get the hang of this, as I seem to have emptied the 4ml bottle in just two dunts. Although it didn’t flood. So maybe I’m doing t right.

It’s voltage adjustable, so very very simple, with five settings from 3.3 to 4.5 in steps of 0.3v. No resistance reading, or watts to adjust.

Incuded is a picture for size comparison. Sorry about the quality, the light is a bit dim in this kitchen.

There’s nothing more refreshing than the spin program just finishing on a washing machine ......

Vape Green
The only reason I've not stuck with squonking now is that I just don't really need the juice capacity. Looks neat - if I were tempted back to squonking that would be on my list. :)

Vape Club
Was tempted by this, but the reviews seem to be very mixed. Will have to wait for something similar, the form factor itself is awesome!

Was tempted by this, but the reviews seem to be very mixed. Will have to wait for something similar, the form factor itself is awesome!

What negatives were reviewers pointing out? I saw some were annoyed at lack of resistance reading. This doesn’t bother me at all. So far I’ve not had any problems, and it performs very well. The little dripper is pretty good.

AcmeFog
I do love a mini-mod. I cannot get excited about squonking though, nor even interested :)

I do love a mini-mod. I cannot get excited about squonking though, nor even interested :)

Neither could I Leni. It was a total impulse purchase. But I’m glad I did it. I was very against squonking too. You should give it a bash.

Premier Ecigs
Neither could I Leni. It was a total impulse purchase. But I’m glad I did it. I was very against squonking too. You should give it a bash.

I'm not against squonking per se, it just doesn't interest me right now. I thought you were against Vandy Vape 'cos of their name anyway, and making impulse purchases, what's that about? Are you feeling ok man? :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom