What's new
  • Due to active development, we've had to change the site cookie domain. If you're having any issues logging in, please try clearing your cookies for forum.planetofthevapes.co.uk and try again. Sorry for any inconvenience. The POTV Team

Rta newbie

Owen34

Initiate
Hi i just purchased a rta dead rabbit tank at the weekend to go on my voopoo drag. Been using a aspire cleito 120 for a while now. But decided to take the plunge & get a rta & start by building my own. Thought i would i go for a rta because of the ease for when im at work. Cant wait to start building my own "wicks coils" do u think i will get more flavour from the rta than the aspire?

You should be able to get better flavour using a RTA and you will get to play with the power a lot more and really tune your vape to how you like [emoji4] if I was you I'd get on YouTube and watch loads of build tutorials for your tank and tanks like it to give you a idea of how to build then just go for it you will never look back [emoji6]

I like it more already. My man in the shop made my first build. But ive just purchased my coil building kit & look foward to starting myself. Just wanna get some new wow factor juices

For me, building took a bit of time to catch on and I am still in the early stages of learning the nitty-gritty. Videos help but there is no substitute for actually doing it yourself and learning from mistakes. In my limited experience, I have had plenty of times when the tank (I have three different tanks at the moment) just leaks for one reason or the other. Then I tweak it a bit and it works fine.
This obviously means you end up losing some liquid, so I would advise you to use cheaper liquids or ones that you just want to get rid of when building. Once the build is fine, switch to the flavor you want to vape.

I've also got the dead rabbit RTA. I have followed various videos when coiling and wicking. But, the flavour seems muted. I have tried two different juices - one fruit and one pudding.

I am comparing this to the experience I have had with the serpent smm.RTA by the way - which gives me a superb balanced flavour profile and which I love.

Any similar experiences/tips?

When I started building coils, I found it very frustrating. I luckily had another RTA to Vape with whilst buggering up my coils/wicks/resistance.
The good news is that I can make an acceptable coil, at around the resistance I aim for (I vape around 1.2 - 1.4 oHm) with almost no hassle.
The learning curve is steep, but quick, when learning to build simple coils and well worth the effort. I did get through 3m of wire practising, but am still using the rest of the 5m reel I bought 4 years ago!
Reminds me, I need to check out wire soon!!

Hi i just purchased a rta dead rabbit tank at the weekend to go on my voopoo drag. Been using a aspire cleito 120 for a while now. But decided to take the plunge & get a rta & start by building my own. Thought i would i go for a rta because of the ease for when im at work. Cant wait to start building my own "wicks coils" do u think i will get more flavour from the rta than the aspire?

Hey Owen34,
Apologies for missing this post and great work by everyone on this post for the great info.
If I may say so, there's nothing really to be afraid of when building, especially on a variable wattage device. I personally found a few tricks in order to get started easier and get used to the building process. When I began building, I started using a screw. Yup, a screw. I basically wrapped my wire along the thread and that would give me a perfectly built coil with just the right amount of spacing between each coil, ready for wicking. Today though, there are literally hundreds of coil wrapping kits available which would make life easier but I always find that a simple screwdriver is enough to get a good coil! just clamp the coil in the handle with your thumb and then just start wrapping. the best thing about this is that most screwdrivers have a flat bit just where the shaft starts which allows you to push the coil against it whilst wrapping, to get an almost perfect coil. repeat for a dual coil, install and vape away!

There are a few things I would recommend, which are as follows:
Lock your mod when building - you seriously do not want your coils to go off when you're building. The burns are nasty and not at all fun!
Even Glow - The coils should always glow from the centre outwards in terms of a touching (micro coil) scenario.
Hot Spots - when building, you want to make sure your coils are hotspot free. Don't get lazy, eliminate all of them by gently poking around the coils until they are even. A hotspot will burn up and give you that horrible burnt taste.

I hope this wasn't too late and I hope it helps,
Yianno.

Just to add to what others said - start with simple wires, get a building kit and just keep on trying. It's tough at the beginning but definitely worth it. Anyone who builds has been through that. :)

You should be able to get better flavour using a RTA and you will get to play with the power a lot more and really tune your vape to how you like [emoji4] if I was you I'd get on YouTube and watch loads of build tutorials for your tank and tanks like it to give you a idea of how to build then just go for it you will never look back [emoji6]

Hi bud, I’ve just uploaded a quick how to on YouTube specifically for the dead rabbit, this may or may not help.

Hope you enjoy :-)

Steve

Back
Top Bottom