What's new

Review Advken Manta Sub oHm Tank - Black

Vapin'Bolt

Postman
Flowing through the ocean…

Advken have been on the top of my list for tanks for a while now and I’ve tried the RTA and the MTL, even though it’s not my go to choice. But when they said they were bringing out a sub ohm tank I was really interested in this design and though it would be a great addition to any collection and it sure is, let’s take a look…

resize_DSC_0129.JPG
resize_DSC_0130.JPG

Out the Box

The Manta comes in 2 different colour options for the 25mm overall tank, that’s right just 2 Black & Silver, with a nice honeycomb resin drip in the contrasting colour. The price is $30USD, which is about £25GBP. This is a decent price for a new tank and a great contender in all areas

The tank has a 4.5ml honeycomb bubble with an extra spare glass which is a pearlescent design. There are loads of spare O-Rings and a spare coil, which is mesh included within the Doctor coil bags.

Along with the warranty card and all the other instructions to cover. Not a lot in this packet this time as it a sample test piece but I’m pretty sure there will be either a rubber spacer for the TPD when it goes on general sale.

resize_DSC_0132.JPG

The Build

I’ve got to say they have made this kit really well and its one of the best well-made tanks I have at present. I cannot fault it at all. Th finish is great along with the overall sealing of all the glass. I did opt for the glass rather than the honeycomb as I felt you couldn’t gauge the last bit of liquid in the tank best to be safe.

So, I’ve tried the tank in numerous stages a below;

50w – once primed I ramped it up and it took a while to warm the juice once warmed it gave off huge flavour but small clouds and took about a good second to get any production really.

60w – a much better production of cloud and flavour was still there and noticeable. Once I had got around the initial flavour of a new coil.

70w – cloud was great, and the flavour was cracking the battery lasted an age on the Drag,

75w – this was my spot and I enjoyed it however, it did get to the point where it did burn slightly so I would recommend going down to about 60-65w.

The priming of the wick is really about 5-10minutes as the holes are quite small. It took about 30 puffs before the flavour was nice and desirable. The cotton is pretty tight, and it does focus mainly on the draw of the liquid.

The airflow is really huge, as per the Manta RTA and the clouds are produced well, which gives this a nice flavour. The airflow can be too big when it is on the lower wattages, but it still performs well.

resize_DSC_0133.JPG
resize_DSC_0146.JPG
resize_DSC_0135.JPG
resize_DSC_0137.JPG
resize_DSC_0148.JPG

Pros

· High grade build

· Beautiful Resin tip

· Slide action, top refill

· Beautiful looks

· Long lasting coils

· Good flavour

Cons

· Can leak easily if not vaped over a long time, recommend sealing the airflow

· Airflow can be noisy and whistle

resize_DSC_0147.JPG

Conclude

I really enjoyed using the Advken Manta Sub Ohm Tank it’s one of the best discrete tanks I’ve used with a very good capacity. I managed to take it to a gig and I didn’t fell lumped with a huge tank and feel oddly. Its 100% a go to choice when I go for a tank. It simply makes the drag look less big now.

Now would I buy it? Yeah, I really would its great looks sharp and attractive to other mods and is a great allrounder. I do think they need to be getting some new coils out like dual or maybe triple if it can handle it or even opting for a standard coil it would work, and it would work well. Please go out there and try it if you haven’t already it will be a great addition to any persons.

resize_DSC_0149.JPG

Equipment/Products Used

Mod – VooPoo Drag – Purple Jade
Tank – Advken Mant SubOhm – Black
E-liquid – Clown Liquids – Drooly – 70/30 3mg
Coils – Doctor Coil – Advken – 0.2ohm Mesh Coil
Batteries – Samsung 25r 18650 2600mAh

https://www.sourcemore.com/advken-manta-sub-ohm-tank-4-5ml-black.html

Thank you to Ema at Sourcemore for providing me with the tank for the purpose of this review...

Back
Top Bottom