What's new

Geekvape Ammit MTL RTA

ratsandcoffee

Initiate
Hi all,

Just received my Ammit MTL RTA in the post today. As it is MTL, what coil resistance should I be aiming to build? Does it need to be above 1 ohm? Or does it not matter if it is a sub ohm resistance?

Thanks,

Lee.

Hi all,

Just received my Ammit MTL RTA in the post today. As it is MTL, what coil resistance should I be aiming to build? Does it need to be above 1 ohm? Or does it not matter if it is a sub ohm resistance?

Thanks,

Lee.

It's totally up to you and what does it for you. My standard coil for MTL is about 1 ohm. Often vape it at about 16 watts. It just works perfectly for me.

I'm mush the same as @rew about 1.ohm sometimes a bit less and sometimes a bit more don't really worry about it too much it's more the airflow under the coil that counts for MTL just don't go watt crazy!!

Dear Ratsandcoffee,

First of all ,,, Hello and welcome

I also am a very proud owner of one ammit mtl,

Once set up it’s a lovely tank,

I use 1.0hm coils in my ammit,
With a vg/pg ratio of 50/50,
Air flow I tend to set up on the single air flow slider using the 3rd air hole counting up from the smallest air hole,
Watts I set to 13w

It’s all trial and error on what suits your vaping needs thier is no wrong set up,

Some of the larger coils and fancy fused Clapton’s twisted coils etc be aware may not fit threw the tiny post holes,

Vandy vape super fine mtl fused Clapton’s are the only fused coils I have found So far which fit threw the tiny post holes with ease,

Spaced kanthals I’ve also found using 1.0hm coils to fit perfectly fine,

I did find on arrival the tank had a lovely machine oil taste,

Mite be wise to strip off rubber 0 rings and put these with the glass tank and drip tip to one side,
And boil all metal parts on the stove using filtered water,

(This was the only way I could rid this tank of the strange new tank taste)

Kind regards,

So I’ve used the coil that came with the tank, got a 50/50 juice and boiled the metal parts to get rid of the oily machine taste, but I’m still finding the flavour on this RTA very mute. Am I still doing something wrong?

So I’ve used the coil that came with the tank, got a 50/50 juice and boiled the metal parts to get rid of the oily machine taste, but I’m still finding the flavour on this RTA very mute. Am I still doing something wrong?
Post a pic of your build.

Attachments

• 3BE9AA80-42DF-423D-A82F-30D4EEE81257.jpeg
    3BE9AA80-42DF-423D-A82F-30D4EEE81257.jpeg
    834.1 KB · Views: 289
  • 45D870B3-B88B-4B95-A183-CF92E5D7897F.jpeg
    45D870B3-B88B-4B95-A183-CF92E5D7897F.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 303
Sorry for the poor quality pics @Mitz
Build looks OK. My number one suggestion is to make sure the wicks are cut short. Short enough so that when you tuck them in the juice wells on each side they don't quite reach the bottom of the wells. Personally, I would also space the coil very slightly. Other than that, your build looks pretty standard. Maybe try some MTL wire.

Build looks OK. My number one suggestion is to make sure the wicks are cut short. Short enough so that when you tuck them in the juice wells on each side they don't quite reach the bottom of the wells. Personally, I would also space the coil very slightly. Other than that, your build looks pretty standard. Maybe try some MTL wire.

Thanks dude, I’ll give the wicking suggestion a go tonight. I’ve hopefully got some of the Vandy Vape superfine MTL coils arriving today, so will also build one in tonight.

Thanks dude, I’ll give the wicking suggestion a go tonight. I’ve hopefully got some of the Vandy Vape superfine MTL coils arriving today, so will also build one in tonight.
Try the wicking before changing the wire. One change at a time makes it easier to isolate issues. Let us know how you get on.

Back
Top Bottom