What's new

Ehpro True MTL RTA

Not quite, but it’s green and swirly [emoji6]
ImageUploadedByPlanet of the Vapes Forum1543585941.286938.jpg

You two got me looking for a matchy drip tip and found this, it has a bit of swirl on it!

Attachments

• IMG_20181130_153947.jpg
    IMG_20181130_153947.jpg
    840.2 KB · Views: 77
IMG_3818.JPG

Finally got mine this morning after cancelling from Ft, as they were restocking, and ending up ordering from Naturevape. Free Kona was a nice surprise !. I too hate the drip tip and need to get it changed. The other thing I don't like is the way the screw fixing on the deck works where the whole thing moves. Made things unnecessarily fiddly and I got the wire caught underneath. But apart from that it's ok. Need to play with it more and get things right. Using the stock coil it comes with and not sure im keen. Not giving me the flavour I get with the Galaxies RTDA yet but its early days and time will tell. Will give this coil and wick time to settle a bit and then go back to SS and compare. But so far its OK but only ok.....

View attachment 179683
Finally got mine this morning after cancelling from Ft, as they were restocking, and ending up ordering from Naturevape. Free Kona was a nice surprise !. I too hate the drip tip and need to get it changed. The other thing I don't like is the way the screw fixing on the deck works where the whole thing moves. Made things unnecessarily fiddly and I got the wire caught underneath. But apart from that it's ok. Need to play with it more and get things right. Using the stock coil it comes with and not sure im keen. Not giving me the flavour I get with the Galaxies RTDA yet but its early days and time will tell. Will give this coil and wick time to settle a bit and then go back to SS and compare. But so far its OK but only ok.....
Its weird isn't it .. these things have pretty much replaced everything I use these days .. including the Herons with the sadly failing o-rings.

I get great flavour off it .. far more than the berserker .. and even than the Hastur.

and that's with the stock coils.

I reckon it goes back to peoples different tastes again.

The deck thing is supposed to move by the way ... it gives you the choice of either just using the screws to trap the wire or using the plates that move and and down to trap the wire .. I've used both ..both work, though I tend to just use the screws.

Ive even got used to the drip tip ...

On a side note .. I spent a day having yet another play with the Dawrv the other day .. as everyone rates them so much and I dont seem able to get on with them, tried everything again - I just cant get the fecking thing to be any good for me.

Will be in the classies very soon.

Followed ZT advice on the wicking and been spot on for last two weeks. It's a keeper alright. [emoji16][emoji16]

So things are improving at quite a rate. I scrapped the premade coil as I was just getting a horrid metallic taste which I’ve never experienced before. It was like sucking tin foil and it was setting my teeth on edge. So I went back to ss and things improved for about half an hour and then I started getting dry hits. Same amount of cotton as the previous build and the coil was coming out at 1ohm. I could see that the liquid wasn’t going down in the tank and I kept having to tip it and open the fill ports and wiggle it to get the cotton to wick. The cotton moved freely in the coil pre soaking so I knew it wasn’t too tight. On taking the tank apart I would see the bottom of the wick was totally saturated but near the coil the cotton was dry. Then I realised my wick was quite a bit longer than the previous build, snipped a few mil off each end and now she’s wicking perfectly. I guess the wicking is so forgiving with the galaxies that I was a bit slap dash with this one.

The flavour is definitely improving. It’s almost on par with the galaxies now which makes me happy as I love this thing and desperately want it to work.

As for the tip, well you kinda have to ‘kiss the nipple’ softly rather than go for the nom nom approach. Sorry but that’s the best way I can describe it. I’m still changing it though!

I love the build quality and how it looks, but it just needs a little more care and consideration than my other. But a good learning experience and enjoyable to play with!!

Four days with this now and I love it. Its never leaked, flooded, gurgled or spat. Its quiet and the draw is perfect for me on the second smallest hole. Wicking has been fine since I trimmed and thinned the ends a little. I still find the deck a little bit annoying but its just a minor thing.

My only problem is with dry hits after filling. Same wick been in for 3 days now and ive filled 4 times. If I fill it to the very top I get dry hits, if I leave some air its perfect. Is this the same with all RTAs? Im such a noob with all this, sorry.

Oh and the drip tip........well ok I like that too. It forces a different type of draw and im now really liking it. Tried the same technique on others and it feels better all round.

As for the flavour, is it better than my Galaxies? No. Its different and brings out different notes and flavours. On the same liquid the two atties bring out different things and give different experiences. The true is slightly richer and warmer, whereas the Galaxies is sharper and brings out the lighter notes more.

Which am I ordering a second one of?

The True

Back
Top Bottom