What's new

Curious about Nic Salts

I don't see anything wrong with warning people that vaping strong nic salts at high wattage could nake them feel pretty rough (nic sic).

Oh no, nothing wrong with that at all.

But it's not the wattage that makes the difference, or the fact it's nic salt based, it's just the nic concentration - you'd feel exactly the same if you vaped freebase at those levels.

I just don't agree with the whole "salts = high strength = low wattage MTL only" bandwagon, because that's no better than all the other scare stories (unless anyone can actually prove otherwise).

Can't find out what the wattage is on it.

Don't get hung up on the wattage, because it's pretty much irrelevant imo. Even if you find something that states what wattage it is, it's likely wrong. This is because the actual figure will be different for each coil fitted and will change with battery voltage.

Wattage is a function of volts and resistance - devices with adjustable wattage vary the voltage being presented to the load to maintain the setting.

If the device has a fixed regulated voltage and only one coil that can possibly be fitted, they can legitimately state a wattage - if anything at all is variable then they're blowing smoke ;)

If you can make big clouds with it, stick to juices under 12mg strength for sure (probably under 6mg for most people).

If it's a dainty puff kind of deal (about the same size cloud as from a cigarette and used the same way) then you can up the strength. By quite a margin in some cases.

Of salts and regular eliquid

Ok.

Mixing is apparently my department - not that she can't, she just tells me to ;)

We both just mainly use 3mg/ml (0.3%) concentrations, whatever nic base is in use. In her little pod thing she uses 3 or 6mg juice.

Ok.

Mixing is apparently my department - not that she can't, she just tells me to ;)

We both just mainly use 3mg/ml (0.3%) concentrations, whatever nic base is in use. In her little pod thing she uses 3 or 6mg juice.

Oh ok
But what mg salts do you mix with the 3 mg liquid ? Or did I misread you earlier?
I thought you said your wife mixes the regular eliquid (3 or 6 mg ) with the nic salts. ( but I don't know the mg of the salts)

Oh ok
But what mg salts do you mix with the 3 mg liquid ? Or did I misread you earlier?
I thought you said your wife mixes the regular eliquid (3 or 6 mg ) with the nic salts. ( but I don't know the mg of the salts)

No, 3 or 6mg/ml is the final strength of the juice.

It's just that we've started using salts to mix that instead of using freebase.

That was my whole point really - being salts doesn't mean it's got to be any stronger and/or more or less suited to one particular method of vaping.

But it's not the wattage that makes the difference, or the fact it's nic salt based, it's just the nic concentration - you'd feel exactly the same if you vaped freebase at those levels.

I just don't agree with the whole "salts = high strength = low wattage MTL only" bandwagon, because that's no better than all the other scare stories (unless anyone can actually prove otherwise).

There's no 'scare story' :25: Yes, you would feel exactly the same vaping freebase at high levels: the point is they don't tend to make 35mg+ nic freebase liquids much. High strength nic salts are a huge market in the States, and they're geared towards lower-powered devices and pods because vaping them at 80w would floor most people. Of course if you're mixing yourself, you can make whatever strength you like, I don't think anyone's said otherwise.

There's no 'scare story' :25: Yes, you would feel exactly the same vaping freebase at high levels: the point is they don't tend to make 35mg+ nic freebase liquids much. High strength nic salts are a huge market in the States, and they're geared towards lower-powered devices and pods because vaping them at 80w would floor most people. Of course if you're mixing yourself, you can make whatever strength you like, I don't think anyone's said otherwise.

I haven't seen it here (at least not in this thread), but there certainly are "scare stories" floating around and there certainly are people saying that no nic salts of any strength should ever be subohmed or high powered because it's dangerous to do so...

No, 3 or 6mg/ml is the final strength of the juice.

It's just that we've started using salts to mix that instead of using freebase.

That was my whole point really - being salts doesn't mean it's got to be any stronger and/or more or less suited to one particular method of vaping.

Gotcha darlin :)
I still like the idea of mixing the two. Don't think I'm gonna find salts in my favorite local shops blends.
:)

Gotcha darlin :)
I still like the idea of mixing the two. Don't think I'm gonna find salts in my favorite local shops blends.
:)

I try to stay away from anything with super Sweet in it cause it eats up a coil faster. But I'm really missin my shops house blend they call Frog Cookies .... wowsers it's awesome! Dunno if y'all have em there but reminds me of Lil Dutch Maid Coconut Bar cookies
Yum!

Back
Top Bottom