What's new

Reminder To Remove Atties From Mods When Flying

Audronius

Postman
Hello,

Posted this on reddit, will share it here. One can never be too careful I think.

Since Christmas is coming and a lot of us will be flying around with our vape gear I'll share a story which happened to me this year.

Had a flight back to my home country, had two kits in my carry-on luggage (postman's bag) - Revenger+Falcon & Revenger Mini+Zenith. Tanks empty, mods off, the usual. After the plane lands I start walking to the passport control & midway felt some vague warmth near my pocket. Checked my phone - it was a bit warm but nothing unusual, thought it's due to music & reconnecting to the network. Note - the shoulder bag was on the same side as the pocket with the phone.

I stop walking & get into the looong line for passport control queue, suddenly I fell that my pocket is HOT. Realized it's not the phone, opened my bag - poof, a cloud of vapor, smoke & very strong smell of burning plastic.

The Revenger/Falcon kit was on & probably firing on every step when the bag bumped against my side. The 10s fire protection didn't help either since it registered every bump as a new click it seems. I can only guess that's how it turned itself on as well, since the fire button on the Revenger is really poking out. The coil was charred black & the heat already started melting a plastic bag & other random stuff in the bag. Managed to turn it off and burnt my fingers just a bit.

Since nobody next to me really noticed what happened (people these days..) I just played stupid when a few of them started the "oh, what's that smell" - did the same thing. Basically it was the "who farted" game with a small fire in my bag instead. Luckily no security noticed this, I can imagine setting your bag on fire in front of passport control wouldn't go down too well. Or imagine the same thing happening while walking into a plane, gheez.

Needless to say I now always disconnect attys from mods when flying.

TL;DR - mod turned itself on while walking to a passport control after a flight and almost set fire inside my bag

Thank f*CK security didn't notice!

Imagine the daily mail headlines "security thwart attempted terrorist attack using ecigs".

Joking aside, glad you caught it before causing yourself and others any harm.

I’m still waiting for the next device to be composed of ecig components. They are all there to be used. Then we are in bother.

Thank f*CK security didn't notice!

Imagine the daily mail headlines "security thwart attempted terrorist attack using ecigs".

Joking aside, glad you caught it before causing yourself and others any harm.

Exactly my reason for posting this, the other guy might not be as lucky as the :noob: that I was.

A mod won't normally turn of when walking unless you were on fast forward x 10 mode as five fast clicks won't happen in a normal stepping motion.

Always remove your batteries and put them in a sealable battery box. Problem solved.

At least your ok and didn't get caught as you would of been on the front of the daily fail otherwise.

A mod won't normally turn of when walking unless you were on fast forward x 10 mode as five fast clicks won't happen in a normal stepping motion.

Always remove your batteries and put them in a sealable battery box. Problem solved.

At least your ok and didn't get caught as you would of been on the front of the daily fail otherwise.

True, got lucky with my lessons once again. The turning on thing was baffling, never had any issues with that mod and still use it to this day, so those five clicks somehow happened in the bag, smh.

Go on, say it, you know you want to. You forgot to turn it off didn't you [emoji6]

I tried to be good and remove my batteries and put them in my suitcase on my latest travels, only to then be told that they have to be in hand luggage.
So, take batteries out and carry in hand luggage

All hand luggage and batteries have to be charged as they may ask you to fire up at customs to prove what it is.
Batteries safer in battery boxes for travel just in case of the above. In built batteries mod on something to stop it moving around.
Tanks empty as they will leak.

Back
Top Bottom