Vape Club
What's new

What can TC offer an MTL Vaper?

Honestly? It's not a change and not likely to be one. It's playing (which is why I need free time for it). :D

As it stands I can put pretty much the same kanthal build in any of my tanks, grab the first of my mods that takes my fancy, run out of the door with it and know that I'll get a reliably good vape from it. From any of my regular juices. All day. It would take a BIG improvement in something to make me change that convenience. ;)

That’s pretty much exactly the same as the other wire as well, though.

The Electronic Cigarette Company
AcmeFog
Honestly? It's not a change and not likely to be one. It's playing (which is why I need free time for it). :D

As it stands I can put pretty much the same kanthal build in any of my tanks, grab the first of my mods that takes my fancy, run out of the door with it and know that I'll get a reliably good vape from it. From any of my regular juices. All day. It would take a BIG improvement in something to make me change that convenience. ;)

Having played with NiFe30 for a week or two now I can wholeheartedly concur with this. I have found that TC is very mod and atty dependent. I can see why people might prefer TC over VW, it gives a very smooth vape and you do get different flavours from your juice by adjusting the temperature up and down a bit. The best vape I managed to get was on one of my kf prime's on an Eleaf Pico mod. The downside of it for me is that it seems that you have to use less wick to get a good vape. For this you need an atty with really good jfc. So I got it working OK with the prime and skyline but the Dvarw was awful and also leaked. I need to be able to stick my vape in my pocket, go off to work, run around a busy NHS hospital ward and be 100% sure that it won't leak and will give a reliably good vape during those snatched vaping opportunities. For me, at least, kanthal ticks all of those boxes.

You are 100% correct, I'm disappearing down a danb and TubbyEngineer rabbit hole reading about resistive sensitivity and allsorts these days trying to understand the complexities of why sometimes a TC vape is excellent and why sometimes a rebuild is a bit meh...

Vape Club
You are 100% correct, I'm disappearing down a danb and TubbyEngineer rabbit hole reading about resistive sensitivity and allsorts these days trying to understand the complexities of why sometimes a TC vape is excellent and why sometimes a rebuild is a bit meh...
I don't mind doing that for fun .... it's interesting. But I vape to try and keep me off the ciggies ...... and I need to know I can rely on it to keep me going day-to-day. I have that with what I already use ........ as a low-wattage MTL vaper I don't have a problem that needs fixing ........ so (as many have said) it's not likely to have much of a wow factor.

So ....... when I have the time, I will try the NiFe30 ....... and see what happens ....... or doesn't ........ :D

Vape Green
@Crewella Wholeheartedly agree, it's important to not lose focus on the end goal of not smoking. I don't think it's a bad thing to have a bit of fun as we do it, keeps my interest up on this lark.

That’s pretty much exactly the same as the other wire as well, though.
Do you mean SS? Is there any reason that you think it might be better than kanthal? Why - I don't get a 'taste' from kanthal (or I'm now used to it), which is what I hear most about?

...... and I'm not trying to be difficult ......... I'm just wondering if I might be missing something! :D

Premier Ecigs
Do you mean SS? Is there any reason that you think it might be better than kanthal? Why - I don't get a 'taste' from kanthal (or I'm now used to it), which is what I hear most about?

...... and I'm not trying to be difficult ......... I'm just wondering if I might be missing something! :D

The taste is obviously a factor for me, but so also like the stainless, and ni80 as well, because they heat up really very fast. With 30awg it produces immediate vapour. I just prefer it. And it’s just wire, the same as other types. Electricity heats it up and it makes steam. Each to their own of course, if it’s not broken no need to fix it! x

Back
Top Bottom