Innokin
What's new

Review Wismec Reuleaux Tinker

eyeball kid

Legend
660x330.jpg
The kind folk at @Wismec have sent me the new reuleaux Tinker set up to review.
These thoughts... musings if you will, are mine alone and do not represent those of POTV.
Wismec have obviously run with the retro Jordan high tops theme when designing this one, sirlugg also pointed out it's very Nintendo too in this colour. (It's also available in blue and red). It's a divisive design but quite a few have said how much they like it.
WP_20181116_13_01_41_Pro.jpg

What you get is a three 18650, 300w mod (the tinker) with matching 6.5ml sub ohm tank ( called the column ) complete with 0.15ohm coil plus spare orings/glass/charge cable/manual and another coil.
The coils are pretty big and remind me of the cleito coils in as much as they have the chimney included in the coil design for maximum vapour and this particular coil uses mesh as the heating element. They are very sturdy but as these are new I'm not sure about any cross compatibility yet.
WP_20181118_00_18_32_Pro.jpg

All in all they match perfectly. What I have picked up on is that as you'd expect the UK version is going to have to be 2mls not 6.5mls which is going to be pretty devastating in regards to useability. This 0.15 coil just warms up around 50w and depending on the heat you enjoy in your vape it will billow out vapour at 70w but it certainly goes through juice.
I did also notice that when juicing up the coil and filling the tank for the first time it nearly took a full 10ml bottle. Filling is a breeze and it uses the top slide system which I generally prefer. No chance of flooding the top.
WP_20181118_00_18_18_Pro.jpg

The mod itself is unbelievably compact and ergonomic. It's the first three cell mod I've used that actually seems truly portable. The screen is super sharp and offers every possible customization. All tc options are represented and work. I even tried the notoriously fussy kanger ni 200 coils and was able to get a solid vape. You even have stealth mode. It's a real upgrade over the old wismec screen.
The mod supports full balanced 2amp fast charging although wismec still recommend external charging for the safest option.
The button on this is the high point for me. It's almost like a sprung rocker switch and is precise plus rattle free.

WP_20181118_00_18_57_Pro.jpg

For full disclosure I've had this mod a week now so this review is a little quicker than I'd usually post but performance wise I've used this daily with some sweet American juice and the flavour has been first class. Zero complaints at all. I don't normally use coils this low and the vapour production is intense but still remains pin sharp. A week on and the coil is still working as well as ever. I've been running around 55w which is probably the lower end of it's range but I've frequently pushed it up to the high sixties and I've not experienced any dry hits at all.
I would say as with any sub ohm tank, you take your chances if using juice above 70%vg. Airflow is of course enormous and quiet.
WP_20181122_11_21_54_Pro.jpg

I've really enjoyed using this mod. Not my usual fare but again it's highlighted to me just how good vape gear has become. You may see in the picture above that there's two small paint chips on the 510. Ultimately with a painted 510 this is inevitable but I've been sure to pocket the mod all week when going out or walking the dog's and so far, no paint chips.
Wismec have 30% off in their own online shop currently and as with all brand new designs it may be the way to go with guarantees ect plus the fact that when it arrives on these shores you will need to refill every five minutes.
https://store.wismec.com
Discount code is NDDEAL30 (up to the 26th).

Also now available from your favourite outlets but as I said, I'd keep it China based and order the full size tank guy's.
Will update over the next week with progress.

Last edited:
Vape Club
Good one. I like the shape, but not the dress up of it. I agree with Columbo there.

AcmeFog
Premier Ecigs
Either you have huge hands or that's a tiny mod for a 3 battery. Looks very comfortable as well. I just don't like the colours.

Nice review mate.

Vape Green
Great review. But no looks hideous to me. If in a different colour and the 510 was centre mounted then I might like it but at present I think it's ugly.

E-liquids.com
Back
Top Bottom