What's new

How?

Really.

I didn't think they did. @junglist ?

Think he's a bit tied up atm.

giphy.gif

Nope, we don't ever share user details, for exactly this reason. What sort of trust would you have with a site that gave away or sold your details? Not happened to date and won't ever happen in the future, it's just not something we would ever consider. Strangely enough I had the same email...

As "part of the industry" we do get the odd email offering lists of vapers. I have seen an email once of people who had visited a vape show, no clue as to which one it was but that is one route where your details could have been passed on. Definitely not from us though, some things are too valuable to sell off - our reputation and your privacy are on that list.

Nope, we don't ever share user details, for exactly this reason. What sort of trust would you have with a site that gave away or sold your details? Not happened to date and won't ever happen in the future, it's just not something we would ever consider. Strangely enough I had the same email...

As "part of the industry" we do get the odd email offering lists of vapers. I have seen an email once of people who had visited a vape show, no clue as to which one it was but that is one route where your details could have been passed on. Definitely not from us though, some things are too valuable to sell off - our reputation and your privacy are on that list.
Very strange you got the same email.

which email acount do you use on paypal Chris.
ive started getting quite a few emails in the last few months via my paypal email yahoo which i dont use to sign up with anyone. while every single site ive signed upto or ordered from is a totally different email msn which i get shit loads of advertising emails.

Very strange you got the same email.

Yup, I did wonder where they would have got it from as only @OccultScientist has been in contact with them so they wouldn't have had my address from there. Like I said, I expect they have bought a list of vape customers from somewhere else but I can assure you it won't have been through us. We have never sold a list of forum members or newsletter subscribers and it isn't something we would ever do. I have signed up to a huge amount of websites with this email address though. And actually it can't be forum related - I don't use my POTV address on the forum so the mail from them would have come into my main email address and not the POTV one.

Can running the cur
Yup, I did wonder where they would have got it from as only @OccultScientist has been in contact with them so they wouldn't have had my address from there. Like I said, I expect they have bought a list of vape customers from somewhere else but I can assure you it won't have been through us. We have never sold a list of forum members or newsletter subscribers and it isn't something we would ever do. I have signed up to a huge amount of websites with this email address though. And actually it can't be forum related - I don't use my POTV address on the forum so the mail from them would have come into my main email address and not the POTV one.
Don't fret, mate., it's only an email.

which email acount do you use on paypal Chris.
ive started getting quite a few emails in the last few months via my paypal email yahoo which i dont use to sign up with anyone. while every single site ive signed upto or ordered from is a totally different email msn which i get shit loads of advertising emails.
The one I got the email to bud. It's wierd. And annoying.

Thanks BTW @junglist [emoji6]

Me neither.
Maybe Vawoo is a sister company of someone you've signed up with?
Dunno, strange one @junglist
Don't think so Matt. Although it wouldn't be the first time.

However I'll be interested to hear what one of Vawoo's 407 accounts have to say about it first before I mail off something interesting in a jiffy bag. [emoji16]

Back
Top Bottom