What's new

Review Geekvape Legend

crustyfolker

Veteran
Hi apes, So i know a few reviews have been done on the Geekvape Legend but here is my review. Thanks to Ella @Sourcemore for kindly sending me the Legend and an apology for the review being later than expected. I have not been in a good place the last few weeks and have not used the forum much.

First of all heres the stats .

Specifications
Size 90.5x 58.5 x 30.6mm
MAX power output 200W
Output mode VW/ VPC/TC/TCR/BYPASS
Resistance range 0.05-3.0ohm
Battery type 2x 18650 cell (not included)
Material Stainless Steel, Zinc Alloy, Aluminium, Carbon Steel, LSR Silicone, Leather
Temperature Range 100-315℃/200-600℉
Operating temperature -40℃ - 80℃
Level IP67 waterproof and dustproof; MIL STD 810G-516.6 military grade shockproof

Whats in the box.

Package Contents
1x Aegis Legend Mod
1x User Manual
1x Warning Card
1x usb cable.
Righty hoe i won't sugar coat it but wow Geekvape have nailed it with this mod. I have 3 Geekvape mods now and i really like them but the Aegis legend is a mod i would recommend highly to anyone.
Waterproof upto 1 meter depth for 30 mins, dust proof, shock proof and the mod itself works extremely well due to the new AS chipset.
I just went back on sourcemore to get the stats and the Snake skin version, which is the one i have is available at a bargain
$36.99 I will leave a link at the end of the review.

I have tried using the legend in all modes and find each mode to work as it should including tc with ss coils. The fire button is a nice design similar to a light switch with a spring behind it and the up down buttons are the same but smaller but horizontal . The screen is decent and bright enough to use.
The battery door has a really well designed lock to keep it secure.
The Legend feels solidly built which is what Geekvape claim.
It is available in several designs or colours so there should be one for everyones taste
the usb port is cleverly placedon top of the mod and has a rubber plug which makes the usb port waterproof
A 30mm atty will sit without overhand see pics at the end with a 30mm wismec inde duo rda.
Battery life with 2 Samsung 25r batteries is decent about 250 pulls at 50w per battery charge and i haven't upgraded the firmware which apparently gives better battery efficiency. The mod seems to balance charge very good, i would still recommend an external charger for charging.

Operation.
5 clicks of the fire button switches on or off. 3 clicks gets you into the menu and then up or down to switch between modes and wire types for tc. Modes also includes bypass and custom curves.
UP and down together locks your settings but not the firebutton. firebutton and up or down will alter your screen brightness but that's the one con i can think of. The brightness stops getting any brighter at about 25%.
In tc mode once you get your wire type set press the fire button to scroll so you can alter the wattage setting. You have to wait a few seconds for the mod to leave the menu and go back to the home screen from where you can use the mod.

Pro's

water, shock, dust proof
Solid feeling
works fantastic
Looks good
Good buttons
battery door is excellent and locks in to waterproof your batteries
Usb plug to prevent water or more likely eliquid getting in.
30mm atties and under fit.
Fast firing and accurate.

Cons

Screen brightness function isn't the best.

Conclusion.

I really am impressed with the Geekvape Aegis Legend. Would i buy one if i hadn't been sent one to review. Hell yes especially at the current sourcemore price. It's a bargain. I would certainly tell anyone looking for a mid price mod to get one instead of a Smok or Ijoy mod.
If you need a mod for work then the Legend will be a great choice due to its durability and the fact its water, dust and shock proof.

Link. https://www.sourcemore.com/geek-vap...od-powered-by-dual-18650-cell-snake-skin.html

Thanks for reading my review .

20181125_012546.jpg 20181125_012552.jpg 20181125_012758.jpg

The legend was my first mod...

I paid well over the $37 special offer price (slightly over the crossed out price tbf) but got it in my hand instantly because shop ;)

I do not regret the purchase in the slightest, it was my primary giving up smoking tool :) In fact, it's in my hand right now

154311038972935625828.jpg

The single solitary thing that I might consider a con to it is that the rubber around the case makes pocketing awkward...

Firmware update is advisable - mine ever so slightly misreported the battery level on the box fw which the update fixed. I didn't notice an increase in battery life, but it was already good (imo).

You have to wait a few seconds for the mod to leave the menu and go back to the home screen from where you can use the mod.

Press and hold the fire button for about a second or so to shortcut back to home ;)

Also, up+dn to lock disables the triple click to settings - fire is just fire (or standby off/on).

May still do my own complete review :D

Interesting review @crustyfolker . My one must be a duffer as it's anaemic in TC, despite trying on their TC settings or manually setting TCR values myself. This is with Ni200, SS316L or NiFe30, even swapped out atomisers but I still don't get a pleasurable vape experience with it under TC.

Interesting review @crustyfolker . My one must be a duffer as it's anaemic in TC, despite trying on their TC settings or manually setting TCR values myself. This is with Ni200, SS316L or NiFe30, even swapped out atomisers but I still don't get a pleasurable vape experience with it under TC.

It could depend on the wire thickness. TC never really gives that full on warm vape for me no matter what mod i use. it doesn't really matter how many watts you use in tc as the mod will reign back the watts to maintain the temp and this can and does lead to some coils not giving a full on experience. I sometimes wonder if tc is more a MTL style. But in any case tc should just prevent dry hits if it actually works. Some mods claim to be tc but are shit at it ie a none smooth vape where you can feel it throttling or even hear it throttle . Using 22 gauge ss316l or anything lower 20 gauge etc means thicker wire and will require more watts. use it in tc and most of the time the wire cant absorb enough power to give a good hit before the temp control kicks in. I think the first tc using premade ni200 coils was much better as 40w and say 240 celcius seemed to be really good. I just didn't like using NI200 or titanium.
So i don't think you have a duffer John R because the temp control is smooth, no sounds and no rattling as the power increases or decreases and if you empty your tank the aegis will not fire and your cotton should stay unburnt
My advice would be to get a DNA colour screen mod and use the replay feature, your tc experience will be much better than with other mods even the older none colour DNA's don't give as good a tc vape as the colour board.

Thanks for replying, working on a cheat/workaround on it atmo, I mostly use MTL so I have 28awg wire in use. The mod just seems to under-read resistance on my tanks so I rack up the temp setting and glow the coil, it pushes the coil resistance reading up. I click the plus button repeatedly watching as the coil resistance starts to drop, then lock with the minus key it when it reaches the resistance I see on other mods. At that point it then vapes fine but boosting the resistance up and locking it is a PITA. For example, an NiFe30 reading 0.19 on 3 other mods or an ohms reader reads 0.17 on the Aegis when cold, bizarre stuff.

Thanks for replying, working on a cheat/workaround on it atmo, I mostly use MTL so I have 28awg wire in use. The mod just seems to under-read resistance on my tanks so I rack up the temp setting and glow the coil, it pushes the coil resistance reading up. I click the plus button repeatedly watching as the coil resistance starts to drop, then lock with the minus key it when it reaches the resistance I see on other mods. At that point it then vapes fine but boosting the resistance up and locking it is a PITA. For example, an NiFe30 reading 0.19 on 3 other mods or an ohms reader reads 0.17 on the Aegis when cold, bizarre stuff.

Cheers mate. I get you more now. I have come across similar issues with other mods, even a couple of my DNA's read the ohms different to each other. I know for sure one of my DNA 200s reads the resistence 0.02-0.04 different to others. I will look at this with my Legend during the week and see if i have the same but last night the legend was reading the coil exactly the same as my Paranormal so it maybe your Legends chip or it could just be to do with the firmware, have you tried putting the old firmware back on then reinstalling the newer firmware as it may just have a gliche.
I will try to get round to updating my DNA200 at some point to see if it will read exactly.
Resistance does fluctuate when you heat a tc wire especially ss, NIFE30 is something i have never used but 28g wire should easily give a decent tc vape.

Nice review. Love mine.
Only thing I find slightly disappointing is the firing speed.
The tiny LiPo Voopoo Mojo T 88w fires my Drop Dead instantly. The Aegis takes some priming

The latest firmware seems to have cured the TC being stuck at 40w issues

Back
Top Bottom